While large parts of Manchester City’s squad have played in the World Cup, Erling Braut Haaland (22) has been recharging his batteries and preparing for the second half of the season.
As early as December 22nd, jærbow will likely be back on the soccer field, when Liverpool visit the Etihad Stadium in the League Cup last 16.
In an exclusive interview with Viaplay entitled ‘Haaland Conquers England’, Archer looks back on his early months in England, which was an adventure almost like no other for him personally.
In the interview to be released on Tuesday evening, conducted by Danish legend Jan Molby, Haaland reveals, among other things, what surprised him most after his move to Manchester United’s Blues.
– Maybe it was the level and how good the players actually are. Every day in training you see the details and the little things. For example, Gündoğan, how good he is at simple things. Haaland says he was probably the best player in training since I came here.
– This is probably what surprised me the most, the quality and the level every day in training, he continues.
An astonishing 18 goals in 13 games is the tally so far in the Premier League for the 22-year-old. In addition, no one has been faster to score three Premier League hat-tricks. He has done this sensationally in just eight appearances in a City shirt, 40 fewer than Michael Owen, who previously held the record.
But pundits cried out loud when Haaland made his City debut. In the Community Shield match against Liverpool on 30 July, he missed several big chances, including extra time when he missed an open goal.
After taking some time to reflect, Haaland says:
– To be honest, I think it’s a good idea to miss these opportunities. In this way you have been reminded that you cannot be 99 percent, you must be 100 percent. I thought that was a good thing, so I was sharper the next week,” says the forward.
– I knew
At the same time, he’s pointing a little finger at those who think he won’t fit into Pep Guardiola’s system.
– I knew I would fit in. Those who said I wouldn’t probably said it to get some attention. But what can you do? You can’t care what people think and say about you, it’s beyond your control.
– I knew I would fit in well with a team that had scored over 100 goals the previous year with Foden, De Bruyne and all the others. I’m not surprised, says Haaland.
It doesn’t matter
Before the season, there was a lot of debate about what would be an acceptable season for Haaland in terms of goals. Some believe it is It had to He scored more than 20, while others thought around 15 would be acceptable in his debut season in the Premier League.
Molby asks Haaland if he even thinks about how many goals he had to score this season to be successful for him personally.
– No, I did not think about the number of goals. I was the biggest flop after I missed an open goal against Liverpool, and yeah… no problem, Yarboon says, referring to the criticism he received after the Liverpool game in July.
– I don’t care if someone calls me that. I have shown that I am not, and I have shown what I can do. Now people know this. It will make it more difficult for me, because they analyze and study me more. They are more aware of me. That’s why I have to get better.
“my biggest dream”
During the interview, Haaland also spoke about what he described as his “biggest dream”.
Everyone knows that winning the Champions League. I hope to do it during my lifetime, he says and stresses at the same time that the ringtone on his mobile phone is the famous UEFA Champions League anthem.
City easily progressed to the last 16 of the Champions League. There they meet German RB Leipzig. Haaland contributed five goals in four group stage matches.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”