According to the fire service, the fire broke out in a four-storey house in Frökner in the municipality of Lilleström, and there is a high risk of spreading.
The fire has now been brought under control, police said.
NRK’s reporter at the scene said there were many ambulances and fire engines at the scene.
– When the fire brigade arrived on the scene, there were large flames from the upper floor, but this was partially extinguished in the last few minutes.
Duty manager Kjell Nesset told NRK that all residents were out of the building.
At 10.21 pm, the fire department received a report of a fire in a house downstairs.
– While the first unit was on site, they reported a fire in four apartments. Then we started extinguishing and then smoke divers to make sure everyone was out.
– All occupants should be outside, but there is heavy fire on site.
In its update on X, formerly known as Twitter, police say four housing units have been evacuated. It was not reported as a personal injury.
– Three of them will be rendered unfit to live tonight.
Police and fire departments insist there is still a risk of further spread.
There is still a fire in one housing unit. Police wrote at 11.45pm that the fire had been extinguished in two other residential units.
A little later, at 23.57, the fire was brought under control.
– So far five people have received health care. Two of them were taken to the emergency room to be evaluated for smoke/spill inhalation, police write. The fire, which was dramatic for a while, is now under control.
– So far we have not received any information about anyone missing.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”