During Friday’s press conference, Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Store (Labour) said they would open the way for municipalities to take over Use of local corona permits.
When asked by TV 2 how quickly it could happen, Store replied “today or tomorrow”.
But the solution is not in place, and the World Health Organization believes it may take some time before it becomes so.
It should be in place in Tromsø
Mayor Gunnar Wilhelmsen (PT) has made it clear in Tromsø that they really want to enter the Corona passport from tuesday.
– We are ready as soon as the official procedures from the government are completed. Wilhelmsen tells TV 2 that there are a number of regulations that the government must adopt in law and practice, and which must be in place.
He believes that this must be done quickly, and points to other countries that have introduced the Corona passport in a short time. Wilhelmsen believes it is urgent for the municipality of Tromsø, which has recently been experiencing high infection pressure.
Wilhelmsen says: There are two reasons why Tromsø should have the Corona passport. He believes, first, that the passage of Corona will make more people get vaccinated.
– There are many who do not want to miss Christmas dinners, parties and events, and therefore we wish for more vaccinations.
It is believed that vaccination has been discontinued at this time.
– But is it fair not to allow unvaccinated people to attend Christmas parties?
– No, but I think the regulations should contain several things. For example, you can show a recent negative test as well as entry.
Second, Wilhelmsen refers to the business community, which desperately needs a solution other than restrictions and limitations.
The business community has been restricted in Tromso and in the rest of the country and has been laid off for more than 18 months. If a Corona passport is presented, more people can return to work.
FHI TV set
FHI’s Chief Medical Officer Preben Avetsland understands that municipalities want to start, but notes that there are many decisions that need to be made first.
– The government must set regulations for this, after which it must work on developing technical solutions. Hence the organizers should make arrangements for its use, Aavitsland tells TV 2.
– It’s two days until Tuesday, can you do that?
– No, I doubt it.
When asked if domestic Corona passports are needed now, Aavitsland is also questionable.
– Perhaps one of the tools that can contribute to municipalities with great infection pressure, but whether it is absolutely necessary or not. He says that the judgment belongs to the municipalities, and adds:
– This is not an easy-to-take action. There are some drawbacks to introducing some kind of population division into vaccinated and unvaccinated. Hopefully most municipalities can do without that.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”