DAVOS/OSLO (VG) Helen Marie Vossholm (21) thinks nothing of Frida Carlson arriving at Terrell Odense Wing (26). Among others, when the Swede states that the Norwegian World Cup leader “is second in everything”.
– I don’t agree at all, Fossholm tells VG when she and the rest of the national team meet for a press conference in Davos, Switzerland on Friday.
The 21-year-old continues:
Instead of looking at others, or finding excuses for not having bile herself, you could have complimented Tyrell for having bile.
Vossholm, who is returning to the World Cup circus after the weekend last week, realized what had happened and read on Play Frida Carlson in the VG.
The Swedish cross-country skier – who is resting this time before the Tour de Ski this Christmas season – said, among other things, the following:
Terrell isn’t the best at anything, but he’s good at everything. She is the second best player in the all-around.
– Did you consider her before the season to be at the top in all kinds of races?
– yes. Like I said: she’s a real all-rounder. She can walk in everything and be on the catwalk in it all. But she didn’t get any victories, Carlson answered and left the sentence hanging in the air.
Fusysholm believes such comments are unnecessary.
There’s a reason Tyrell wears yellow, she was the best in every way. I think it’s an excuse for Frida not having it herself, Fossholm tells VG.
Udnes Weng is also in Davos and continues his hunt for more World Cup points when the racing season continues in the sprints on Saturday and the 20km freestyle on Sunday.
She says she did not read the plan herself, but was told and informed of the views of the Swedish side.
– what should I say? I kind of understand their side. But they only get to beat me, and then they have to drive themselves, she says, answering like this when VG asks if it didn’t hurt a little to get such a sentence:
– she bites. I would like to win something sometime. But I’m happy with some podiums. I also feel like I’m getting closer and going for the win. It would have been fun during the season.
So far, Carlson is right, said national team coach Stig Ron Kiffin.
– I think we’ll probably see her at the top of the podium. But if she’s wearing the yellow jersey, that says she’s the best overall, he says.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”