Swedish Jonna Sandling has established herself as one of the best runners in the world in recent years.
The 28-year-old from Umeå has won Olympic gold (2022) and World Championship gold (2021, 2023) in the sprint over the past few seasons.
She recently appeared on the Swedish TV show “Helenius Hörna,” where she talked a little about her life as a cross-country star.
There she talks, among other things, about her boyfriend, Anton Olofsson, who experiences from time to time what it is like to live with one of the best athletes. When it comes to the big leagues, Olofsson has to find himself playing second fiddle.
SENDLING: – He’s in no trouble
Among other things, he has to find himself moving out of the couple’s home, when the focus is entirely on the new gold medals.
– It’s hard to live with me. But he knows very well what he set himself up for. Sometimes I kick him out. “Before the last tournament, I kicked him out,” Sandling says on the Swedish-language programme. Express.
However, she confirms that she does not have a bad conscience regarding the choices she makes.
Read also: Ingebrigtsen’s children’s wives say: – Difficult days
– He does not suffer from hardship. He has his own residence. So he actually doesn’t experience any hardship. It’s not like he lives in a cabin in the woods without a toilet. There is an apartment where he can take a sauna and shower. She adds: There is a beautiful view too.
– I asked him if it was going well, and he said it was worth it, continues the 28-year-old.
Honoring Perry Olson
On the show, Sandling also talks about fat Perry Olson. A little prominent figure in the cross-country skiing environment and a Norwegian connoisseur.
-I’ve had it for a few years now and I enjoy it. He was probably in Norway for about 17 years. For a very long time, anyway. She said on the program that he greased the skates of Peter Northug and Marit Bjørgen, among others.
– The Swedish girl says: – His presence does not make you feel bad at all.
Sprint star Olsson gives a lot of credit for the gold medal she earned during the WC in Oberstdorf in 2021.
– He is a rock. Without him, I don’t know how it would have worked out. He’s quite raw when it comes to lubing and has a lot of experience. He sees what kind of skate wall I need. Sandling explains that he can see with the naked eye if he needs to take action.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”