Slept with contact lenses – blind

Slept with contact lenses – blind

American Mike Krumholz (21) shows videos and writes about how he became blind on his Tiktok account.

The 21-year-old from Florida in the US wrote on Tiktok that he slept with contact lenses on.

He woke up less than an hour later with what he thought was a catarrh of the eye. The next day, he saw a doctor to overcome the problem, as reported on Tiktok.

rare: A California woman had to have 23 contact lenses removed from her eye after she “forgot” to remove them in the evening. Correspondent: Christina H. Corneliussen
Show more

Misdiagnosis

At the doctor, he was told that he had a herpes simplex infection. A virus in the herpes family commonly causes localized, painful blisters on the mucous membranes and skin, he writes Public Health Institute.

Krumholz was given medication for herpes, but it didn’t help at all. Within two days, his pain level had skyrocketed and his eye didn’t look real, he wrote on TikTok.

He told the British Daily Star newspaper, “I have never felt pain like this in my life.”

After another trip to the doctor, he was told he had keratitis, and given eye drops for it.

Lose your sight

The pain continues to increase at 21.

He was diagnosed with Acanthamoeba keratitis, a rare but serious eye infection that can lead to permanent vision impairment or blindness, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The infection is caused by a parasite that feeds on the eyes, according to the CDC.

Ate the parasite in a 21-year-old’s right eye. As a result, he was blinded in the aforementioned eye.

Warnings: Experts warn against misusing a specific part of your Halloween costume.
Show more

– It’s very strange not being able to see people. You don’t want people to feel sorry for you, but at the same time you want to live like a 21-year-old going to college, he tells the British tabloid.

See also  Ukraine war, fake news | - The Russians are being encouraged to deviate from the battlefield
Norwegian study: Superaction against sleep apnea

Norwegian study: Superaction against sleep apnea


I’m not the only one

It is also possible that Kira Smith (25 years old) from Albuquerque in New Mexico, USA, became blind after fumbling with her contact lenses.

– I had put my lenses in and felt them explode in my left eye. But I didn’t think anything else about it, because it didn’t hurt, she told Kennedy News and Media.

She had rinsed her contact lenses with tap water instead of contact lens solution. He ended up getting an eye infection due to the same parasite as Mike Krumholz.

Blind: Kira's eye has never been the same again.  Now you want to warn other contact lens users.  Photo: Kennedy News and Media

Blind: Kira’s eye has never been the same again. Now you want to warn other contact lens users. Photo: Kennedy News and Media
Show more

Tips for lens wear

Laura Hawkins (24) developed an infection in her eye and had to have a cornea transplant.

The reason is that Hawkins kept the lens case in his makeup bag.

Even though the case was sealed, bacteria from the makeup products apparently managed to infiltrate the sterilized lens water — which was then transferred to the eye.

Warning: Laura Hawkins wasn't aware of the dangers of keeping a contact lens case in her makeup bag.  Photo: SWNS

Warning: Laura Hawkins wasn’t aware of the dangers of keeping a contact lens case in her makeup bag. Photo: SWNS
Show more

to The Independent Hands should be clean and dry when inserting or removing lenses, said Giles Edmunds, director of Specsavers.

– You should also pay attention to where you store your lens case. It can easily pick up bacteria from the environment.

– If you store your lenses in a makeup bag, which is a breeding ground for bacteria, you should always wash your hands after opening the case and before touching the lenses. Don’t forget to clean the enclosure regularly.

Jabori Obasanjo

Jabori Obasanjo

"Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *