The former Queen of Cross Country, Therese Juhaug, received the news of her death with sadness.
– In most cases it goes well, but what happened is incredibly tragic. She feels for her teammates, coaches, support staff, and everyone around her, Juhuge tells TV 2.
– It’s a bit like a bike: you’re traveling on roads with traffic. Accidents also happen if you sit in a car, but what happened is simply unimaginably tragic. It really broke my heart when I know how many hours of training I get to spend on busy roads.
Should there be stricter rules about where you can and where you can’t snowboard?
Accidents happen no matter where you are in the world. This is just so tragic.
Peter Northough: It hurts everyone
Affects everyone involved in a cross-country skiing environment. It’s been a very nice skate festival now with Blinkfestivalen, but this one was just too sad. A tragic accident began.
– I think it’s very sad. It is an incredibly difficult message. It’s so boring for the team and everyone around it, it’s so awful. My deepest condolences to the closest relatives. This hurts everyone.
Norway coach affected
Emergency services responded Thursday morning to reports of an accident on County Route 523 in the Bauchi Tunnel in southern Europe.
– It happened inside a short tunnel, says police lawyer Sveinung Andersen in TV 2’s Sør-West district.
The woman, who was snowboarding when the accident occurred, was taken to Stavanger University Hospital by air ambulance.
Unfortunately, there was no life to be saved. She was pronounced dead in hospital, Andersen notes.
TV 2 tried to contact the coach of the Slovenian national team, Ola Vigen Hattestad, but to no avail.
Ola Vigen told Hattestad Dagbladet that he would not comment on the case on Thursday.
Austin “Bolsa” Petersen shared himself In a skiing accident. He was deeply affected by the accident.
– It’s tragic. Does not make sense. Terribly painful for absolutely everyone involved. My thoughts go to the affected, and it starts on TV 2.
Petersen has teamed up with Hatstad for several years.
– Ola is a good friend of mine. I know him incredibly well and now he is in a position that requires all the good human qualities he possesses, says Bolsa.
Last week, Jamnik participated in the Blink Festival in Sandnes.
Lotta Odnis Wing, the current national team athlete, was deeply affected by the incident.
A completely tragic accident. It makes me nauseous when I think about it…so sad. Thinking primarily of relatives, national team athlete Lotta Odnis-Wing writes to VG.
– This is a very sad case, quite simply, says Peter Skeinstadt, Cross Country expert at TV 2.
The Slovenian Ski Association commemorates the budding national team skater on its website.
“Hannah, you will always be on our minds. We will miss you.”
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”