In the early 2000s, Ed Westwick (35) was playing Chuck Bass on the hit drama series Gossip Girl.
He is now in Norway and in a longer interview with Good night Norway, he talks about his plans to visit Norway.
The superstar is here to make music with his new band, “For You.”
Norwegian producer and guitarist
The band consists of Norwegian producer and guitarist Hans-Christian Norden, American drummer Frank Giampietro, American Michael Mathern on guitar, and Westwick who is vocalist.
It was quite a coincidence that the four of them ended up in the same musical group.
The guitarist was the first to meet the actor. He made a trip to Los Angeles, where Westwick had previously lived.
– It was probably 2018 or 2019, and I was invited to Ed’s house in Beverly Hills. I’ve heard there’s an actor living in the house, but it’s not.
When the guitarist first hears who lives in the house, he doesn’t recognize the name, but Matherne’s sister, who is also on the trip, is ecstatic when she hears she is the actress from Gossip Girl.
– Then he suggested maybe we should start a band and so it started, but then it evolved from there, says Mathern.
He was nervous before the first meeting
Nordin, Mathrine, and Giampietro met when they were all music students at Berklee College in Boston.
The drummer explains that he was asked to join the band around the same time he moved to Los Angeles. Norden came later.
The Norwegian says that he himself has watched one season of Gossip Girl and that he loved it.
– I think it was so good that I was actually a little nervous to meet you, he says and turns to the actor.
base in Oslo
Nordin lives mostly in Norway and is based in Oslo.
– I’ve been back and forth a lot between Oslo and Los Angeles, so there will likely be some trips to London in the future.
Mathern and Giampietro live in the United States, and Westwick in London.
The band says they will be spending a lot of time in Oslo in the future.
We can still be a band even if we live in different places. It’s very nice to be here in Oslo, it’s not far from London. Westwick says it’s also no problem for us to fly in to meet.
Nordin adds that they’ve gotten really good at planning.
In addition to the music, the band has seen large parts of the city.
– We’ve been everywhere in Oslo and had a nice tour of the city. Now we’ve been spending a lot of time in this basement, so we haven’t seen much these days, but we still have a few days that we can spend a little bit, says Mathern.
From acting to bands
Westwick says he has always been interested in music.
People might be a little surprised that I’m in a band now, but I’ve always loved music and I had a band when I was a kid. I’ve never been able to get a new one to click, but this band has developed in a great way and works well, he explains.
Even though he spends a lot of time on music, he hasn’t shelved his acting career.
– When I’m not recording movies or series or walking the dog, I’m making music. Life is about balance. I’m in a good place in life, where I feel creative.
Lucky to have the opportunity
When asked if Westwick wanted to move away from the stigma of Gossip Girl’s character Chuck Bass, he replied:
I don’t think I want to get away from him or have him under my control. I’m so proud of him. You put a lot of energy and hard work into that series. It was so amazing and I can look back and think I was lucky to have had this opportunity at such a young age.
Moreover, the actor says he is glad that the series is still being talked about.
– The fact that people are still talking about it, I think is very important. There aren’t many series like this. It’s something I’m proud of.
In the series, he played opposite Blake Lively, Penn Badgley, Leighton Meester, and Chase Crawford, among others.
– I’m definitely still friends with them, but we live in different places in the world and lead different lives.
Album and concert release
The band can reveal their plans to release an album and hold a concert.
– We’re recording new music now and we have something ready. Our second single is coming in two weeks. Then we’ll probably do more and then we’ll put out an album in the spring. Then we want to be able to play some concerts,” Westwick says.
Norden says they talked about different ways they could reach an audience by playing a concert. In addition, they have made up their minds about the venue for the concerts.
– We envision being able to play in some of the big cities here in Norway. Norwegian says: Trondheim, Bergen and Oslo.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”
The first photos from the new “Crown” season
Tyga gave Avril Lavigne the gift of love at an amazing price
Eva Longoria gets slapped by “The Young and the Restless” star Eric Braeden