The royal couple commented for the first time on Tuesday about Durek Verrat’s criticism. NTB writes that the king was asked if it was a problem for Verret to use royal titles and terms in his business work.
– I don’t think it’s fully sunk in what we mean yet, but we’re in the process and it will eventually resolve itself. “We are getting to know each other better and better,” said the king, “and we will talk to him as much as we do in the family.”
The royal family’s balancing act
Historian and royal household expert Trond Norén Isaksen notes that royal couples choose what to choose in their children’s lives: what to be involved in, who to be with.
– The controversies are a family affair in a way, but since it’s a royal family, it’s much bigger than themselves. And it’s a balancing act they always have to think about, Noren Isaksen tells Daxavisen.
The fact that Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett play a supporting role in the royal family will make handling the case somewhat easier, Norén Isaksen believes.
– It’s the royal couple, the crown prince couple and Princess Ingrid Alexandra that people consider primarily the monarchy, while Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett are a sort of sideshow, as many may gradually distance themselves a little from the royal family.
– but they cannot completely tear themselves away from it. If they get involved in controversy, it reflects on the royal family whether they like it or not.
King: – Maybe it will happen automatically
King Harald and Queen Sonja met the press at Gave in Cykilven as part of a three-day county tour of More and Romstal. NTB writes that the royal couple received many questions about Durek Verret, also known as Shaman Durek, who is engaged to Princess Martha Louise.
– This will probably work automatically. But I do not promise that it will be over tomorrow, said the king.
He dismissed Verret’s use of royal titles as a challenge to the royal family.
– There is a big difference between being in America and being in Norway, I think, Rani pointed out.
– There is a cultural clash, we are now observing, I think, said the king.
This is a description Noren Isaksen agrees with.
– We can compare it to the heroic famous Oprah interview, where Meghan Markle said that she does not know what it means to live in the royal family. Like Durek Verret, who has lived most of his life in California, he doesn’t know what that means.
But it’s not just a culture clash between Norway and America, he points out.
– There are two different worldviews that collide. Vered’s perception of reality differs dramatically from that of most Norwegians.
I don’t think there will be an immediate clarification about Durek Verret
Even after his engagement to Märtha Louise, Turek Verret received criticism for the way he acted as a shaman. Recently he claimed that a special medal cured him after contracting the corona, and the medal sells for more than NOK 2,000 on his website, NTB writes.
Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett are a kind of sideshow, which many may step away from the royal family.
— Trond Norén Isaksen, historian and royal house expert
Noren Isaksen doesn’t believe the royal couple are talking more with Durek Veret now, but they’ll be making it clear anytime soon.
– In that case, Verret had to choose a completely new and controversial life, with nothing to show for it. If I understand him correctly, he believes that being a shaman is part of his nature. It might be easier when you’re married to a ship owner, but you can’t demand that Martha Lewis do it, says Noran Isaksen.
– but because she’s chosen a man with such a controversial career, it’s difficult to find a balance between the necessary roles so that it doesn’t become an ongoing problem for the royal household. It’s a role clarification the royal family needs to think about very carefully — the sooner, the better, she says.
- Durek Verrett and Märtha Louise confirmed their relationship in May 2019. On 7 June 2022, the couple announced that they were engaged.
- The shaman is called Turek. Describes himself as a healer, spiritual guide and shaman Website.
- American born on 17 November 1974.
- The 47-year-old lives in Los Angeles.
- Actress Gwyneth Paltrow is one of those who received guidance from Verrett.
- 2019 includes collaborations with Märtha Louise, including the lecture tour The Princess and the Shaman.
- In the same year, his book “Spirit Hacking” came out, which was severely criticized, among other things, because Verret wrote that cancer “attacks itself”, as a result of which we no longer want to live.
- Cappelen Damm halted publication of the book after “ethical considerations”, while Lille Måne Forlag later published it.
- Verret came out strongly against the Norwegian press after his book was stopped. He later apologized for those statements.
- Märtha Louise said she plans to move to Veret in the US with her three daughters in April 2021.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”