NRK handyman Nikolai Rahm (34) has once again brought celebrity guests to compete in the world’s strangest sports.
The second season of “Helt ramme sporter” is the program in which Ram invites curious Norwegian celebrities, with a high pain threshold, to tackle the strangest, most dangerous and strangest sports that the world has to offer.
-I wanted to make something that people would remember
Ram himself believes it will be a series that people will be excited about. The 34-year-old is confident that this season will surpass the previous one.
– As a brag, I think we made some sick fat, He tells Dagbladet.
He also talks about the changes made in this season compared to the first season.
-We’ve raised the maximum level a few notches this season. It will be “bigger, better, stronger!” There will be sicker sports, higher stakes, tougher competition, and overall, more at stakeRam says.
He himself believes that the season will be a talking point in the daily lives of many.
-We wanted to make something that people would remember and want to talk about around the lunch table. Then we had to raise the bar. So we’ve extended flexibility as far as possible, which is within the limits of what you can make a TV out of.
– Participants are exposed to?
– especially! He answers firmly.
Ambulances, crutches, wheelchairs and the emergency room
The second season of “Helt Ramme Sporter” was very difficult, as several participants, as well as Ram himself, were seriously injured, without the broadcaster wanting to reveal too much.
-I’ve injured myself on many trips. We had someone come home in a wheelchair on three out of eight trips, so it was very difficult for them. There were crutches, several emergency room visits, several ambulances, He says.
What’s more, he says participants actually turned on their competitive instincts when the cameras started rolling.
– All sports are absolutely crazy! The contestants sacrificed their lives and limbs to win. It demands a lot from the participants, because we expose them to sick things, but they become brave when the camera rolls, smiling.
However, Ram is sure that it was he himself who bore the brunt.
– For my part, this is the worst, because I have to do it everyone The things. I’ve really challenged my comfort zone over the past year. He says: “I have injured myself on many trips, and this is the price I pay for presenting such a ‘crazy’ entertainment program.”
Ram points out that despite all the injuries, he is in good condition today.
– I now stand and walk, but I have done a lot of medical follow-ups over the past year to fix myself before each trip, he reveals.
Below you can see many of the injuries that Rahm suffered throughout the season:
In the episode with former athlete Kristina Vukisevic Demidov, among others, Ram reveals that they suffered from hypothermia, also called hypothermia.
-We swam at the Ice Swimming World Cup and stayed in the water for more than six minutes. We went into hypothermia when we finally got out of the water, reveals Ram.
The broadcaster says that Vukicevic was very impressed while recording the episode together. He says they both ended up getting too cold
– Christina, who hates cold water and lives in Spain because she doesn’t like the Norwegian winter, agreed to ice swim in the coldest river in Sweden! The entire environment was in shock at how long she could endure in the water. They said, “This is too long to be in the water,” and that was at the limit, he says.
Proud of whoever brought it
Season 2 premiered on Friday, and this season Ram has brought in some of the most famous celebrities Norway has to offer.
The celebrities participating in this season are Mikkel Neva, Kristina Vukisevic Demidov, Oscar Westerlin, Cengiz Al, Mads Hansen, Emilie Vo Neering, Salma Ibrahim, and Burke Rudd.
The former four will appear on screen in the fall and winter, while the latter four will appear sometime in the new year. The show debuted on NRK in 2020. The new season comes after three full years.
Ram himself is very happy with the participants, and that they have already accepted his offer.
– There are really cool people who have agreed to participate in this. I am honored and humbled that such big names want to join me on this tour. And the ones we brought are absolutely adorable! It’s incredibly cool that they joined in the madness, he concludes.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”