– Totally unacceptable – VG

- Totally unacceptable - VG
Chaos: The fans rushed into the field.

Just over a quarter of an hour before the end, Nice fans stormed the pitch in the match between Nice and Marseille. After an hour and a half, the match started again, but without the Marseille players who lost the match.


We decided not to go out to the field again for the safety of our players. This is already the second time this season. It happened in Montpellier and we chose to keep fighting. What happened today is totally unacceptable, as Marseille president Pablo Longoria said RMC.

Longoria claims that the referee decided to stop the match, but Ligue 1 decided to end the match.

– This is unacceptable for us, which is why we decided not to end the match and go back to Marseille tonight, he says.

Paschtro: Players from both teams have been in close contact with the fans.

It all started when Marseille player Dimitri Payet was hit by a bottle (containing liquid) when he went out to take a corner kick.

Payet threw the bottle into the stands again and the situation quickly escalated.

Both the Nice players and the Marseille players stormed in, as many Nice players tried to keep the Marseille players out of the stands as much as possible.

Several objects were then thrown onto the pitch, before many Nice fans intervened to stop the match. Marseille’s assistant coach, Jorge Desio, also got into the situation and beat a Nice fan.

See also  Football, Arsenal | The main player leaves with illness for Arsenal

RMC Sport He writes that three of Marseille’s players were injured as a result of a pitch storm, and writes that midfielder Luan Perez suffered a neck injury.

At half past ten, a little more than an hour after the match had stopped, the Nice players exited the dressing room and returned to the field. The match officials followed them after a quarter of an hour.

The referee blew up the match again, but none of Marseille’s players were outside and referee Benoit Bastien then blew up the match. Whether this means Nice winning 1-0 or 3-0 is not yet known.

The 74th minute was expected on the match. Nice led 1-0 at the time after a goal from Denmark’s Kasper Dolberg.

Victory: After much deliberation, the Nice players were able to cheer the victory and thanked for the support after the match.

This is not the first time that a match between the two French Riviera clubs has been suspended. In 2019, a match between the two teams was halted for ten minutes due to anti-gay banners and shouts. Then the match was stopped for ten minutes.

In the first round of Ligue 1 of the season, two Montpellier fans were arrested after throwing things at Marseille players towards the end of the match. At the time, Marseille player Valentin Roenger hit a bottle after the decisive 3-2 goal for Marseille in the 79th minute. When new things were thrown onto the field after 89 minutes, the match was halted for ten minutes, before being completed.

See also  - Ten Hag misses Overmars at United
Najuma Ojukwu

Najuma Ojukwu

"Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *