At the beginning of 2018, Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic finished joining Manchester United, and he had a new option for the club.
The choice eventually fell on the United States and LA Galaxy, but it wasn’t the only club that was interested, according to the Swede. The Galaxy weren’t the club that could offer the most money either.
Chinese and Saudi clubs are said to be interested in the Swede.
– The offer made by China was the largest, amounting to 100 million dollars (about one billion Norwegian krone journ.anm.), but I decided to reject it and go to the United States. Instead of getting a lot of money, I was looking for a challenge, says Ibrahimovic in the much-discussed interview with Piers Morgan according to a Swedish newspaper. Aftonbladet.
But the US elections hardly led to any financial problems for Zlatan. Because when asked how much money suits him, the 42-year-old answered as follows:
– I don’t know. Maybe half…
– Half a billion dollars (about 5.5 billion Norwegian kroner)?, asks presenter Morgan.
– Yes, but this is not important to me. Because if I die tomorrow, what does it matter?
– Money is not everything. Money also causes problems in the family and stress. How much money is too much? Where is the limit? Asked.
In 2019, he set at least an NFL salary record, earning $7.2 million annually, according to Bleacher report.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”