The Norwegian came early, but did great tennis in Turin and won.
Cameron Norrie – Casper Rod 6-1, 3-6, 4-6
A few hours before Rudd’s big ATP playoff against Stefanos Tsitsipas, news came that the Greek I had to throw in the towelAfter suffering an elbow injury.
Consequently, Casper Rudd had to turn around in all the preparations he had previously made, and instead Briton Cameron Norrie was given an opponent in Turin on Wednesday.
It started in the worst possible way when Nouri took the first set with numbers 6-1, shocking the Norwegian.
– It’s without a doubt the worst thing I’ve seen in Casper in recent months, which is unusual, it came from the Eurosport studio after the first set.
On the other hand, the 22-year-old came back in the match and won the second set 6-3.
The third set was another rise for Rudd who broke serve in the fifth game, eventually winning the set with numbers 6-4.
Fortunately, as usual it is completely raw when it is selected. Ola Bentzen says after the win, it’s totally tough that he took part in the ATP qualifiers and excelled in the championship.
Casper Ruud’s coach has been happy with the match so far but wanted to change the squad.
It’s been a very good year for me, and this part of the season I’ve struggled with before. So I’m thrilled with the confidence that I can win at the end of the season, and at the same time do it on this surface. Cameron played much better than me in the first set and a half, but my break point changed a lot, Rudd told the organizer after the win.
The weak first group
Nouri came second for the reserve and ranked tenth in the world, four places behind the Norwegian.
The 22-year-old from Oslo ran into problems early on when Britain’s Nouri broke the fourth game after several serious errors from Rudd.
– He hesitates a little there, and he is unlucky. We weren’t expecting that start, although he can turn back of course. There was a lot of bugs at first, and he seems a little nervous, says Christer Frank, a Discovery commentator.
The pain got worse when Nouri served up his game, and he followed it up by breaking Rudd again and going up to 5-1 in the first set.
– It doesn’t start and breaks again, I don’t like it. It will be difficult to do anything with the first set here, so here it is important to lower your shoulders and start the game.
The opponent ended up winning the last match, taking the first set of the match with him.
– It is without a doubt the worst thing I have seen in Casper in recent months, extraordinary.
The second set began according to the recipe when they both won their first three matches, without breaking the opponent. On the other hand, Rudd had some wreckage in the game, as the Eurosport commentator hit back.
– Father Christian Rudd is probably a little worried about what he sees here, because the mistakes are going on, they came from Frank when he photographed Rudd Sr. Scroll across the screen.
The Norwegian kept the match alive when he served up his fourth game with the numbers 4-3, and he really had a chance to come back in the second set.
The 22-year-old, who broke his first match of the match, did in a solid fashion. He followed by winning the decisive match, and secured the second set.
– He’s a little nervous here now, Nori. Now there’s a big show here from Casper, awesome.
In the third and decisive set, Casper Rudd played tennis at a high level, and took a decisive break in the fifth game when the Briton missed several hits.
– A sudden slip at the weekend for Nouri, and Rod dominated the match.
It ended with a convincing win with a final set of numbers 6-4.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”