New photos, released by the Associated Press (AP), show crews collecting debris on land at Port St. John’s in Canadian Newfoundland, NTB writes.
And in a press release issued by the US Coast Guard on Wednesday evening, Norwegian time, it appears that what is believed to be human remains have been found in the wreck of the submarine “Titan”.
The presumed remains are being transported to a port in the United States for analysis and further testing.
The US Coast Guard and the Canadian Accident Investigation Board have launched an investigation into the accident, in which Hamish Harding, Paul Henry Nargolet, Stockton Rush, Shahzada Dawood and Suleiman Daoud died.
So far, the investigation has led to criticism of the lack of organization of such expeditions.
As is known, Titan was in the process of conducting an expedition to the wreck of the Titanic, when the submarine reportedly succumbed to the pressure, exploded and killed all on board.
500 meters from the “Titanic”
The US Coast Guard led the search for Titan, which developed into a massive international effort that may have cost several million dollars.
The search began on June 18 and ended when wreckage was found five days later. They were about 500 meters from the wreck of the Titanic.
The Canadian Accident Investigation Authority, which is conducting its own investigation, said it had completed preliminary interviews with the crew of Titan’s support ship, Polar Prince, and seized the ship’s flight data recorder.
The TSB also said it “examined, documented and cataloged” all materials recovered from the crash site before handing them over to US authorities.
“Web specialist. Lifelong zombie maven. Coffee ninja. Hipster-friendly analyst.”