Ryder Cup // Day 2
On Sunday afternoon, either Europe or the USA will be left with the trophy after the 2023 Ryder Cup.
All roads lead to Rome – especially on Sunday.
Marco Simone’s 2023 Ryder Cup will finally have a winner. Much has been said and written about the prestigious meeting between Europe and the United States in recent days. But let us make it easier for you and mention the most important points before facing the wrestlers on the final day.
- First thing’s first: After two days of four-ball and four-ball, where two and two play in pairs, Europe won one Five types of leadership, with a score of 10.5 points, compared to 5.5 for the Americans. This means Europe only needs four points to win now.
- On Sunday he will be ready for individual matches. DrA 12-point game is played Where all 12 players in each team will engage in a battle against another player from the opposing team. Therefore, nothing has been decided even if Europe is currently leading by a large margin.
- For a day and a half, Europe was outmatched, but on Saturday afternoon the United States got a lifeline by winning three out of four four-game ball games. They won on the final point at sunset on the then green 18th Patrick Cantlay He sank his plane and drew American cheers – and perhaps gave his team a long-awaited moment?
- The United States is the defending champion after a superior win (19-9) at Whistling Straits in 2021 and Need 14 points to retain the cup. But the cup changes if Europe gets 14.5 points over 12 individual matches on Sunday.
- To win the required four points you must Europe won at least four of the remaining twelve matchesOr divide enough of it to come up with 14.5 points total.
- The United States has by no means given up on catching up with Europe. The captain emphasized this Zach Johnson At the post-Fourball press conference on Saturday night. “I believe in these guys, and our time will come,” Johnson said.
- European captain Luke Donald He praised his players and the support of the stands. It is unlikely that the volume level will be lower on finals day. We know the support behind us, and we try to contribute as much as possible to arousing the enthusiasm of the audience. He also says it helps our game Viktor Hovland.
- Players also do their part in adding fuel to the fire. The American golfer told LIV on Friday Brooks Koepka That star of Europe Jon Rahm He “acted like a young man.” The background was that Rahm had hit a cue after missing a shot.
- On Saturday, it was the Europeans’ turn to respond to the indictment. Several media outlets reported earlier today that the American Patrick Cantlay plays without a hat in protest Against the fact that he doesn’t get paid to participate in the Ryder Cup. European fans responded by waving their hats from the stands. Cantlay then explained that he is playing without a cap because it simply does not suit him!
- The mood between the two teams didn’t improve when Cantlay birdied the 18th hole on Saturday and his caddy, Joe LaCava, began waving his hat right in front of him. Rory McIlroy And Matt Fitzpatrick, who was preparing to shoot the ball at the time – He still has chances to secure half a point.
- The noise should continue directly into the parking lot A clearly angry McIlroy had to be calmed down by his teammate Shane Lowry Before getting into the car. In other words: All you have to do is look forward to Sunday’s matches!
- Viktor Hovland meets Colin Morikawa in his in-ring match. They know each other from their college years, and also played against each other in the Ryder Cup in 2021. They then split the point between them after a game of exhibition golf at Whistling Straits.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”