Eidsiva and the company's CEO, Henning Olsen, give a presentation at the Agenda Innlandet conference, which starts on Wednesday.
Among the participants who also come here are national team director Stahl Solbakken, Venstre team leader Guri Melby, Minister of Justice and Emergency Situations Emilie Inger Mehl, and Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Sture.
With the subtitle “Up and Onward!” One should look at the ways Inlandet will elevate itself.
Access to electricity
Eidsiva, Norway's largest grid company, third-largest district heating producer, and owning a 43.5 percent stake in Norway's second-largest hydropower producer, is at the center of Norway's energy transition.
For Eidsiva, it's about how Innlandet can get enough energy and adequate power grids to support industrial development in the region.
– Eidsiva's social mission is to develop infrastructure and services for the benefit of society, people and climate. We have created an offensive growth strategy that says something about how the group will evolve to respond to the challenges that Innlandet has linked to energy, grid and digital infrastructure, CEO Henning Olsen tells HA.
Idiseva and Elvia believe that more power means more industrial development, and here are some measures:
Elvia is working to expand the capacity of the current electricity network by 20 percent over four years.
– Another important element for Innlandet is the possibility of building more district heating production, because what sets limits on new connections to the grid associated with the larger industry is the capacity of the electricity grid.
We had days that were cool and quiet, and the little sun didn't produce much solar energy.
This makes district heating important, according to Olsen.
– 40 percent of heating in buildings is done with electricity. If we can convert buildings from using electricity to using district heating, we free up a lot of space in the energy grid for industrial development, and existing industry can use renewable energy in production instead of gas, oil, coal and other fossil energy sources. .
– At Eidsiva, we are also developing solar and wind energy, but increasing capacity in the grid and increasing district heating have the greatest impact of all.
He says it is important that building owners are willing to make the investment in connecting to district heating.
– Is there an urgent need to increase capacity?
– Yes, I mean very urgently. Because this is closely related to how much district heating we can build and how much space there is in the energy grid to create new industrial projects or electrify existing industry.
Agenda Innlandet is a conference organized by LO, NHO, Sparebank 1 Østlandet and the District Municipality of Innlandet.
This year it will be held at the Terningen Arena in Elverum.
“Web specialist. Lifelong zombie maven. Coffee ninja. Hipster-friendly analyst.”