In the final episode of “Klokkepodden”, published by Urmaker Bjerke, Erling Braut Haaland guest-starred. The football star talks about his interest in watches, his own collection, and a very special gift.
– I got a watch from my agent who died. I had it when I won the ‘Golden Boy’ title, for best under-20 player or something, I think. I got the “Patek 5712R” in rose gold. It is a special watch to me, and one that I will have for the rest of my life. And I will remember for the rest of my life that I got it from him when I won that day in 2020, says Haaland on the podcast.
The agent referred to is Mino Raiola, who passed away in April last year. The Italian was represented by great stars such as Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Haaland himself.
Confirms Elleville’s story
The outspoken Haaland also shares other stories on the podcast. After the star moved from Borussia Dortmund to Manchester City last year, a crazy story spread about the parting gift that the Norwegian gave to his teammates before leaving. At Klokkepodden, Haaland says he felt it was right to give something back, after what he describes as a wonderful time in his life.
– I gave them a watch, each with his name engraved on the back. They deserved it after they massaged my feet every day, washed my clothes and cooked for me, he says.
Haaland is said to have given Rolexes to players and Omega watches to other staff at the club.
Also read: Don’t believe in signing for United: – Panic buying
– take a chance
In the episode, the soccer star talks about his favorite watches and the collaboration with Breitling. There he says that he signed a contract for three years. One of the watches, the “Endurance Pro”, became very special to Haaland and his family.
– It’s Ivar’s favorite watch (Eggja, Journal Memo). Every time one of us uses that watch, there is always a score and a win. Yesterday I took a risk and used it in battle myself for the first time. It is usually used by Ivar, Egil, or Fr. I took a risk yesterday and it went very well, says Haaland, referring to the match against Wolves earlier this month.
The City player excelled with his new team and is the clear scorer in the English Premier League this season. He explains that it was life as a soccer player, among other things, that led to an interest in watches and shoes.
– I think it’s also about my lifestyle, that I sit at home every day and wait for new training and matches. I sit at home, I’m not bored, I have things to do, Halland explains, but if you’re bored, you have to find things to do on your own.
Last year, he hosted the popular YouTube concept “sneaker shopping.” There it became clear that the Norwegian also has a keen interest in sports shoes.
– I like shoes. I treat the shoes as if they were my children. They wash, run and groom, laughs the 22-year-old in Klokkeboden.