(Dinamo Zagreb – Ludogorets 4-2, aggregate 6-3) Rosenborg’s chiefs since 2019 are Bodo/Glimt’s opponents in the Champions League qualifiers.
– It is very difficult to face them, says Alesund’s Dario Canadega, the only Croatian player in the Elitseren team.
Dinamo Zagreb beat Bulgarian Ludogorets 6-3 (4-2 at home and 2-1 away). So Dinamo Zagreb is the last obstacle for Bodo / Glimt from the Champions League match. This will be determined by matches at Espmera next Tuesday and Maksimir Stadium on August 24.
Club legend Ranar Berg believes in the group stage of the Champions League.
– In two matches, Glimt is very good now, they have a chance against every possible opposition. He (Erling) Haaland is probably the only one who could cause a little trouble, Berg joked to VG.
Croatia await a tough away game in two weeks’ time for the Bodøværings, but Berg still believes it’s a task that can be managed by Kjetil Knutsen’s staff.
– In recent years, they have gained a lot of valuable experience. I think they are well equipped to meet anyone, says Berg, who points out Glimt lost 4-0 to Roma Earlier this year it was an important experience.
– I think the match in Aspmera will be the match of the ages, Bodo/Glimt coach Kjetel Knutsen told TV 2 afterwards. Glimpse win 6-1 on aggregate over Zalgiris.
Dario Canadiga believes it will be an equal duel.
Dinamo Zagreb is a team with good people, but they also have weaknesses. Right now, they might not look quite like the team, but there are more solo performances out there. But they are a good team. It’s going to be a tough match against Bodo/Glimt.
Kanadjiga watching the return leg between Dinamo Zagreb and Ludogorets when VG called him. He thinks Croats look “very good”.
– How difficult is that for Bodo/Glimt?
– It will be difficult for Dynamo to reach Bodo and artificial turf. I would say that Bodø/Glimt has a special vibe in Aspmyra, and they are very good at home. Glimt is the favorite in the house, but in Zagreb I think Dinamo is the favorite, says Kanadjia and continues:
– Dynamo has better single players, but it will also be a challenge for Dynamo; All players must play defense. It would be difficult for their offensive line to have to work at home – they are not used to that in the domestic league.
The Croats beat Rosenborg 3-1 on aggregate in qualifying in 2019, thus playing in the Champions League group stage. In Croatia, they hold the record for the number of league and cup titles with 23 titles and 16 titles respectively.
The team finished second in last season’s Europa League group stage behind West Ham – before losing 2-3 to Sevilla in the first knockout round. In the 2020/21 season, Dinamo Zagreb reached the quarter-finals of the European League, losing to Villarreal 1–3 on aggregate.
When Croatia beat France 1-0 in the Nations League earlier this summer, Dinamo Zagreb had four players in the Croatia squad: Josip Sutalo, Dominic Levakovic, Luka Ivanosic and Mislav Orsic.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”