«» After Subwoolfer She won the Melody Grand Prix final. On Saturday there were many who were hoping for an answer as to who the yellow wolves are. But should they reveal it?
No, keep the masks! Norway chose a proper package performance at Eurovision with a commercial song, smooth touch and good vocals, says Britain’s Andy Carlisle, editor of Eurovision’s website Eurovoxx.
– They created real “modern ice” and despair to find out who is hiding behind the masks.
William Adams is the editor of Wiwibloggs, one of the biggest sites for Eurovision fans. He thinks that as long as Subwoolfer doesn’t have international star status, it might be worth staying mysterious.
Staying anonymous can really help them. “Mascurama” – This phenomenon has taken the world by storm and shown that people like to try to guess, says Adams.
Carlisle does not believe that anonymity would have anything to do with winning the public’s votes.
Noise and ambiguity will only create a positive effect. Eurovision artists have previously performed as different egos or as other characters. Just look at the success of past Eurovision winners like Lordi and Conchita Wurst.
hiding in Turin
In May, the streets of Turin will be buzzing with the international press and Eurovision fans. I wonder if wolves shouldn’t be more careful if they don’t want to be exposed?
We don’t think it will be easy for them. The person hiding behind the masks is sure to create one of the biggest stories during Eurovision Week in Turin. If they can maintain anonymity, it’s likely only to their advantage, even if we don’t envy them for it, says Carlisle.
This is what our neighboring countries think of Eurovision’s contribution
Morten Thomassen, president of the Norwegian MGB Club, thinks it would also be wise for Subwoolfer to remain anonymous.
– They came up with a concept that I think they should implement. This is not “Maskorama” where they have to take off the masks.
– and if they win, they can choose to make it a gimmick where they tear off their masks.
He also agrees that it might be stressful for the wolves in Turin.
– Everyone will follow. For many, this will likely be a detective story where the goal is to expose them, Thomassen says.
Adams also believed that it would be difficult to hide from the press, since it is common for artists and the press to live in the same hotel.
– In this case, they will have to eat all meals in private. And given the heat, I hope for their part there will be good air conditioning in Turin.
Subwoolfer dance has gone viral – learn to dance here
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”