The Berge family had no idea how to handle their garden. The starting point was a long, narrow garden with a wall in front – otherwise the space was empty.
“The challenge here was to make the garden fit in with the house and soften the straight lines with the help of plants,” says designer Jan Narvestad.
Create many regions
Even if the outdoor space has a difficult shape, or is not large, it is important to divide the garden into different areas, according to designer Narvestad.
There are many ways to do this. Here are the moves that took place in this park.
– This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen. amazing! says the family in the episode.
Read more here for the materials and products that were used in the It’s Garden Time project.
- Feel free to create room dividers, in the same way you work with interiors. A relatively large fireplace has been placed here, which in addition to providing warmth and space, also serves as a room divider.
- Use different materials on the floor. It creates the feeling of several areas.
A footpath made of loose stones will also make you slow down and notice things around you, Narvestad says.
- Feel free to think on several levels. Here it was not quite flat, so a narrow terrace was built higher, adjacent to the wall of the house. It also provides an experience from several regions.
- A pergola solution transforms an entryway into a room. Although it is open in directions as it has no walls, one feels that this area is separate from the rest.
– We can almost sit here when it rains. We can close the roof again. Family says it was great.
Lots of seats
The garden is to be enjoyed in many ways – whether alone or with others. In this park, many different places have been created where you can enjoy yourself.
The dining area itself is placed against the neighbor’s high wall. Here it is warm and little seen, and the view is colossal.
Large perennial beds were planted in the garden, and mats of sedum plants were placed along the fence. This is to soften the narrow lines and create a nice counter space.
On the porch next to the house, a small bar solution was created with a wall-mounted cabinet. From here you have an overview of the entire park.
Finally, the designer wanted a generous hanging chair. The perfect place for a good book and a nice warm summer.
be seen It’s time to park Tuesdays on TV 2 Direkte and tv 2 play.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”
It took two years to appoint a new lecturer:
Narrow loss at Kjelsås/Jerv
Concert Square in June – Löner Municipality