Perhaps the biggest surprise ahead of the match against the Netherlands was that Premier League professional Christopher Agger was beaten in the starting line-up by Gent goalkeeper Andreas Hansch Olsen.
Very happy with my own efforts
But against Latvia, Ager is back in the competition again. The 23-year-old played a solid match in what became a comfortable 2-0 win.
Of course it was great to be back. “We’re doing the job and keeping zero,” Brentford stopper for TV 2 says after the game.
Watch the goals
He does not hide the fact that it hurts to watch the Netherlands face off from the bench, but at the same time he praises his teammates.
– I’ve gone through a lot of ups and downs in football. Then it’s about supporting those who play and I think Hanche-Olsen has done a great job.
– It’s my turn today and I’m very happy with my performance today
– Did he boil when you got the letter?
– When you are a winner, you want to play as much as possible. Of course it boils down a bit, but then it’s all about supporting the players.
Solbakken grip shelves
Before the match against Latvia, national team coach Ståle Solbakken emphasized Ajer’s skills with the ball.
Sometimes we need a midfielder who can push the ball forward. That’s why Christopher comes in Hanche’s place, Solbakken said about changing the tampon.
TV 2 football expert Morten Langley loved it so much.
I lay down and laughed at the amazing mistake: – The biggest boom I’ve ever seen
– This is a good and active training by Ståle Solbakken and his coaching team. It is a bit surprising that Hansch Olsen can play against the Netherlands, but the reason is that he is stronger in defensive work, then he moves to Latvia because he wants a midfielder who is safer for the ball and stronger in the free play phase, which is essential when we meet a weaker team.
– We’ve also seen many examples of this against Latvia, where he uses his technique pay and security with the ball, creating distinct situations and space for others.
Egil Drillo Olsen totally agreed with his TV 2 studio partner.
– There aren’t many midfielders who would dare to pull players in individual situations, but very well paid there.
Ager himself is not going to guess if he will also start against Gibraltar on Tuesday night.
– Ståle eliminates the team every time. It eliminates the team, and then it’s all about executing when the opportunity presents itself.
– It smells a bit like YouTube
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”