The United States claims that Vladimir Putin and Russia used missiles from North Korea led by Kim Jong Un in attacks on Ukraine. Now comes the first Russian reaction.
– North Korea, with political cover from Russia and China, wants to double its illegal weapons activity in 2024, she wrote The Wall Street Journal.
Kim Jong Un visited a weapons factory this week, according to the news agency Yonhap He talked about expanding the production capacity of various weapons. So part of that will go to Russia:
- – John Kirby of the US National Security Council said that this is a significant and worrying escalation of North Korea's support for Russia.
- – There is no longer any doubt – Russia has attacked Ukraine for the first time with missiles it received from North Korea, An advisor to President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed The next day.
- The missile that struck the city of Kharkiv on January 2 differs from missiles that struck in the past, and is not very recent, local authorities say, and they believe it must be North Korean, according to Reuters.
Moscow has not officially commented on these accusations, but one of Ukraine's most famous war propaganda voices, military blogger and war correspondent Alexander Coats, expressed himself in a way that suggests the Americans are correct in their assumptions.
on cable Alexander Coates writes that he does not understand why this news received so much attention in the West and believes that the Russian reaction should be:
– Poker face and non-committal: “We use all necessary forces and means in accordance with the plan of the special military operation.”
President Vladimir Putin continues to describe the war in Ukraine as a “special military operation.”
Coates believes that “Russia is not the one that started this military trade.”
– When more than 50 countries send weapons to Ukraine, it is not difficult to say that Pyongyang has delivered something to Moscow.
-But are we doing something illegal according to Russian legislation? no. “We are under no obligation to confirm or deny anything,” Coates wrote on Telegram.
On the other hand, the British authorities are angry about the close military cooperation between Russia and North Korea.
Defense Secretary Grant Shapps said North Korea would pay a “heavy price” for its support of Russia POLITICO.
The world has turned its back on Russia, forcing Putin to humiliate himself by joining forces with North Korea to continue his illegal invasion. In this way, Russia is violating numerous Security Council resolutions and endangering security. This has to stop now!
The British Defense Secretary believes that the use of North Korean weapons is “a display of Russia's isolation on the world stage and a sign of its desperation.”
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”