Police say one or more people are suspected in the aftermath of a wildfire in Espland north of Bergen on Tuesday. But, so far no one has been charged.
Chief of Police பணிystein Magnussen says one or more people are suspected in connection with the fire.
– No investigation has been done, but he says there are some suspects after the fire Perkensawichen.
He says police do not currently want to speculate on the cause of the fire. Pergens Tidende A fire broke out near a residential house by several neighbors, and a resident of the house confirmed this to the newspaper.
A lawyer working in the Western Police District tells the same newspaper that no one has yet been charged in the case.
The fire was reported to police Tuesday afternoon. It spread rapidly over a large area, and at one point threatened buildings in the area.
According to a TV2 reporter at the scene, residents in the area used garden hoses to water their gardens to prevent it from spreading.
– The Western Police District wrote that if residents in the area are expected to be able to contact the evacuation, they will be notified by the municipality via SMS.
Just before 9pm, 110 West announced on Twitter that there was no longer any danger posed by buildings, but could not control the fire.
– Employees are now scheduled for the evening and night, 110 exchange writes on Twitter.
Vacated several houses
– Through the drone pictures, we see the fire speeding up. We send three fire stations, Arna, Asane and Fana. Shortly after they arrived in the area, a helicopter was ordered – 110 Vest Morten Frantzen’s operator in the 20s told TV 2 that it had been for the past few hours.
Many houses were evacuated.
– Six houses have been vacated, but they have not been further evicted from the neighborhood. About 25 people are in question, said தளystein Magnussen, the site’s operations manager.
A house located in Unnelandsveien was also evicted. The area is under the control of the fire department.
– More Unnelandsveien will be available locally, and there will be more scattered buildings, says Magnussen.
No injuries, no damaged buildings or many more were exposed to smoke.
Police say everyone was allowed to go home Tuesday night.
Firefighter helicopters and civil defense forces were called in Tuesday to put out the blaze.
Tankers from nearby municipalities from Ascoi and Oygarden were on site. In addition, a fire truck and civil defense were dispatched from Hagonsvern to the scene.
At 10pm, police said on Twitter that a search was underway at the scene.
About 150 targets were set on fire Tuesday night. No houses or buildings in the area were affected by the fire. One person smoked.
– I was a little scared
Citizen Jostine lives in the burning area and says he was shocked when he came home and saw several police officers and the neighbors were outside with garden hoses.
– I’m a bit panicked, he says.
He was one of many in the neighborhood who invented the garden pipe to keep the fire from spreading to buildings.
– He says it helps to park the car and connect the garden hose.
The vague reason
Western police say it is not clear how the fire started.
– An investigation is underway in parallel to shutting down, but now the focus is on shutting down and saving values, says Magnussen.
Vegtrafikksentralen clothing is said to be closed in Unnelandsveien. It is now open.
Police are negotiating with several people at the scene and filing a case.
– The police wrote on Twitter that this is a group with a good effort from the residents of the area to put out the fire.
The fire spread across the land. Uncertainty level until now. Some houses are said to be nearby. Notice the exit from these. There is no information yet on how the fire started.
– Western Police District (Politician) April 26, 2022
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”