alexander Denstad With (36) was just 16 years old when he won Idol in 2006. In the years since, he has released three albums and toured both at home and abroad. But then there was silence from the hesitators.
Now he is back on screen as one of the 10 participants in the eleventh season of “Stjernekamp” on NRK.
The reasons for his withdrawal from the limelight are numerous – he wanted to focus on things other than just music, but he also noticed it was beginning to affect his health.
– I was feeling exhausted. It was a completely conscious choice to step back and forth with the music. My brain saw it as something more industrial than music coming from within, and I was tired of that chase. He told KK that being in a world that isn’t just about music has made me discover a lot of other things in recent years.
In recent years, he’s become engaged, earned a bachelor’s degree to become a social worker, and has worked at most around 300 percent in various part-time jobs besides his studies. Not to mention that he became a father this past March.
– He was hectic to say the least! I have enough to get my hands on, he says, before continuing:
— but becoming a father was the gift of life, ie. It is very nice to think of something other than yourself. I’ve always wanted kids, and for a long time I imagined what it would be like, so I was kind of ready. But it will be much more than you can imagine – it will be more beautiful and more tiring, and not least severe. But it can really be recommended.
it is time
Alexander refused all the TV requests he received, but now he felt the time had come.
– It’s been 17 years since Idol – It’s getting seriously long. Perhaps you become too comfortable at home, and then stop developing. But then you get older and realize that life isn’t long, so you need to take some chances and do some scary stuff too.
Do you have plans to release music in the near future?
– No, I have no ulterior motives in this matter, it was just the right timing. And I think there’s a lot of personal development in being involved in things like this.
The friend has been a fan for a long time
What does your girlfriend think of the post?
– She’s reasonably happy! I think she was a little annoyed that I refused everything. But you’ll probably regret it after a few weeks when she sits alone with the baby every Saturday night, he says, laughing.
– but she’s a pro of all time. Speaking of idols: She had posters of me on her wall when she was little, and wrote about me in her diary. Now you will experience it again in a new outfit, so it will definitely be fun, he laughs.
When asked how the two met, Alexander replied that it was a cliché of the times:
– She was booked to be an actress/dancer in one of my music videos, so it was a really small arrangement, but it was clearly meant to be the two of us, he smiles.
Alexander is very excited about the first broadcast, but believes it will be released once it is implemented.
– It’s so good that you don’t have to keep the post a secret anymore. But I’m really excited, so it’s good to start.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”