- Latvia – Norway, at 18.00 on TV 2
Riga (Dagbladet): First he had to give up Crystal Palace in the Premier League. Now he has also suspended RB Leipzig and the Bundesliga – and has been loaned to Real Sociedad in Spain.
This makes more people question Alexander Sorloth.
At the same time that he was unsuccessful in England and Germany, he was sometimes brilliant for the national team. It also achieved smashing success in Trabzonspor in Turkey and Midjiland in Denmark.
Could the Premier League and the Bundesliga be above Trondelag?
Dagbladet put the question to national team coach Ståle Solbakken here in Riga last night. Norway is preparing for its World Cup qualifier against Latvia on Saturday.
Not at all, he answers the question of whether he feels Sorloth is far below the level in England and Germany.
I think he has risen very well in Germany. He did a lot of good things, so I don’t know if I’d agree.
Solbakken notes that it became clear early this summer what would happen to Sorloth due to the purchases made by Leipzig.
– I think he will play there too. But for him, it was more important not to have that many opponents, although they would likely split playing time well with the Champions League and German Cup, as the national team coach points out.
Last season, Sorloth scored six goals in 37 games. Traditionally, you are not considered a successful striker until you hit a double-digit number of goals.
– We’ve talked to each other, we’ve told each other, about where we’re at on the road. Then it may have taken a little longer than he had hoped, Solbakken says and aims to change the club.
At Real Sociedad, Sørloth gets a third chance to show his ability to succeed in one of the four Grand Slams. England, Germany, Spain and Italy were ranked as the best leagues.
Being successful here is a very different thing than doing it in the Netherlands, for example. Solbakken says this about Sørloth’s tenure at Crystal Palace in 2018:
– When you play for a team that fights to create chances – fights to score goals – you depend on the post. If you see others who were strikers at Crystal Palace, they don’t score a lot of goals. He has all the prerequisites for success. I think he showed that in Germany sometimes.
Solbakken thinks it is a sign of quality when it is bought by a major company in Germany.
– When you go to the third best club in Germany, the competition is then. The pressure is greater to score and play well. He notes that it is easier for the trainer to peel and roll.
– If you play for a team that ranks seventh or eighth, every time you get the chance. Then it becomes easier. It’s perfectly canonical when you buy it from one of the big companies in Germany.
Last Saturday, Sorloth entered and earned his first minute in La Liga with Real Sociedad. The team won 1-0 at home to Levante.
Lacks match training. But he will probably make it to Latvia tonight, on a strange sight from the stadium. Daugava Stadium is open from a long side, and you can see it blows fresh into the trees. The stands behind the goal are a bit out of place.
Against the Netherlands on Wednesday, Sorloth was placed in quarantine as a result of a card.
Note: victory alone is enough against Latvia. The winner of the group goes directly to the Qatar World Cup next year. The second team gets a play-off chance.
water cycle quality
|the black Mountain||4||2||1||1||8||–||5||7|
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”