(Georgia – Spain 1-7, match in progress) Stal Solbakin was hoping for help, but Alvaro Morata and Spain are wreaking havoc in Tbilisi. 16-year-old Lamin Yamal scored on his debut.
Georgia closed the gap at the beginning of the second half, but Spain responded strongly. Morata scored a hat-trick, while Yamal made an impressive debut and scored Spain’s seventh goal.
Spain showed the quality that Norway lacked in the 1-1 match in March. The advantage in terms of playing quickly translated into four Spanish goals before half-time. Spain is back on track after losing to Scotland at Hampden Park.
– It’s about ensuring that Georgia and Cyprus get as many points as possible. “This is what’s best for us,” Stahl-Solbakken said at Friday’s press conference. But the Norwegian national team manager is not getting any help.
On Tuesday, a shaken Georgia comes to Ulleval to face Norway. Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia was hardly allowed to borrow the ball against the ball-reliant Spaniards.
Lamin Yamal came on as a substitute for Spain before the end of the first half. Historic debut.
The new Barcelona candidate is the youngest player ever to feature in the Spanish national team, at 16 years and 57 days. Jaffe (now 19) held the previous record.
Spain had a really strong chance after the minute. Marco Asensio had the opportunity from close range. But Georgia goalkeeper Giorgio Mamardashvili brought the ball out for a corner kick.
Nations League winners Spain have just rolled in the rain.
- 0-1: It took only 21 minutes before the ball reached Georgia’s goal. After dominating the game for a long period, a perfect cross came from Asensio. Inside the box, Alvaro Morata had little difficulty winning the aerial duel against Georgia right-back Giorgi Gochulishvili. The Spain captain headed straight towards the goal.
- 0-2: Only a few minutes passed before the second man sat down. Fabian Ruiz is passed on the left flank. The post ended on the foot of Suleiman Kverkelia. The Georgia goalkeeper put the ball into his own net.
- 0-3: Javi – who was wearing a helmet after an ear injury – found Olmo slightly off the pitch. Violently criticized by Spain Pavilion. The ball went straight into the net.
- 0-4: Fabian Ruiz and Morata combined perfectly in Georgia’s defence. Morata easily scored his second goal of the evening.
Georgia coach Willie Sagnol made three substitutions after the break. He immediately got an answer.
- 1-4: Shot by substitute Giorgi Chakvetadze. Spain goalkeeper Unai Simon was on the ball, but dropped it weakly underneath him.
- 1-5: Substitute Mikel Merino passes through Morata. The Spain captain scored his third goal of the match and his 33rd international goal in total.
- 1-6: Neco Williams withdraws from the left. The 21-year-old scores his second goal for Spain.
- 1–7: Lamine Yamal had the chance inside the field. The 16-year-old – with braces – fires the ball into the far corner.
Norway will meet Spain in Ulleval on October 15.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”