He is responsible for organizing the annual event
– I think it’s wrong
One of the referees in the first team, Benjamin Muranovic, really tasted his own medicine.
Just before the break, the referee of the second division received a red card for an ugly tackle. He himself somewhat disagreed with the decision.
– I think it’s completely wrong. It might have been a yellow card, Muranović laughs, who showed what he meant before running off the pitch.
Big protests didn’t happen anyway, because he knows full well what it’s like to be in the opposite role.
– It is important to respect the referee. Muranovic says, me and the other judges know all about it.
In recent years, there has been a lot of talk about bad behavior towards referees in popular football. Something Muranovic can confirm.
– We’re having a lot of nonsense. I’ll be honest and say I’ve been into a lot of crap. He says honestly, oftentimes I don’t sleep well after refereeing a match.
Therefore, such a social evening is very important for Muranović and his fellow referees.
– It’s good to play this game with everyone. We’re in this together, and that’s the most important thing.
– We need things like this
– Without the group here, the Hordaland football circuit does not work. No judge, no fight. Brochus urged those present to encourage everyone to take care of our causes, to show your support and to extend a helping hand when needed.
Some judge Eliteserien, others judge for fun. Let’s be honest, being a judge isn’t always easy. Some days are tough, so we need things like this, he says of the event to the Library of Alexandria.
He stresses that the event is a great arena for building relations between the rulers.
It’s about inclusion, after all. It happened to everyone, regardless of gender, age, ambitions, or the department you judge. For us, the most important thing for us is to meet each other in social contexts and have fun together, he says.
The referee match has been organized since 2014.
For those in attendance, it was a goal-rich match with the VAR, red card and set of special rules. And for those wondering, they ended up 2-4 to the first team after a huge turnaround.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”