Sweden: A mother and her daughter died after eating a poisonous mushroom

Sweden: A mother and her daughter died after eating a poisonous mushroom

A 21-year-old woman and her one-year-old daughter died in August in Scania. Investigations now show that they ate a poisonous mushroom.

Published:

The mother and daughter were sent to hospital in Skane last summer, but their lives could not be saved.

Forensic examinations now show that the two died of mushroom poisoning Skanska Dagbladet.

-It is a very tragic accident. The head of the investigation, Andreas Herrmann from the Ystad police, told the newspaper: “We consider this an accident.”

It is not known what kind of mushroom they ate, but traces of amatoxins were found in the bodies of the mother and daughter.

Amatoxins are a toxin found in some mushrooms, including the whitefly. It causes severe diarrhea, destroys the liver and kidneys, and leads to death if left untreated.

The police investigated the house and confiscated food after the incident, but did not reach any clarifying results. They write that they suspect the woman mistook the poisonous mushroom for something edible Aftonbladet.

– They live in an area not far from the forest, and maybe you can find mushrooms there. “But we don’t know where it was picked,” Herman says.

Published:

See also  NATO's steps may be a historic turning point for Finland and Sweden
Jabori Obasanjo

Jabori Obasanjo

"Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *