Isolation of close contacts of corona victims is currently coming to an end. The current requirement for entry isolation will also be removed, the health ministry said.
The new rules will take effect from midnight on Wednesday, the Ministry of Health and Care Services announced in two separate press releases on Monday night.
They point out that many are isolated with current regulations.
– The infection situation led to the critical need to implement adjustments to both the test strategy, the isolated arrangements and the priorities and rules for using the PCR capability. Health and Maintenance Services Minister Invild Kerkol (Labor) says it is urgent to switch to testing as an alternative to isolation.
Modified by further testing
Ten days of infection isolation can change:
- Check daily for five days after last close contact for family members and close as well.
- Family members and similar relatives who are unable to keep a distance from the victim during the isolation period may transfer the isolated infection by daily testing for eleven days (six days after the isolation period of the victim for five days). This also applies to children.
- In addition to the test method, it is recommended to wear sanitary napkins in public and to avoid large gatherings and events for ten days after close contact. The recommendation to wear the mask does not apply to children under 12 years of age, or to school children over the age of 12 who are unable to wear the mask for medical or other reasons while in school.
- Monitor for any symptoms throughout the period.
- If you have any symptoms, stay home and get tested.
The ministry writes that those who do not follow the test method should be isolated for ten days and if the test taken seven days before the last close contact is negative, any test outside the isolation should be carried out.
The need for experiments increased
The government expects the need for self-examination to increase as a result of the change and the sharp increase in the number of victims.
– The Norwegian Directorate of Health and the National Institutes of Public Health have prepared suggestions on prioritizing inspections for municipalities, which will be notified to municipalities. I asked the Norwegian Directorate of Health to initiate a procurement process for several self-examinations, says Kerkol.
Self-examinations used in lieu of isolation of infection should be provided free of charge by the municipality.
– Many municipalities did not receive the expected number of tests due to late deliveries to the country. At the same time, many municipalities say they are both ready and have a strong need to go for a test regime.
End of entry isolation
The government is also repealing the requirement for entry isolation from night to Wednesday. The reason is that it is not considered professionally necessary for infection control.
Today, those coming to Norway from an area with an isolation duty, who cannot fully document whether they have been vaccinated or are subject to Covit-19, must be in entry isolation, with a valid corona certificate.
In a statement, the Ministry of Health and Care Services wrote that the National Institutes of Public Health (NIPH) had recommended this to the government. The NIPH points out that 7% of registered passengers are “non-corona certified” and 4% are infected.
– Small stock
– I agree with the FHI that the proportion of victims among immigrants without corona certification is related to the current epidemic situation in Norway, says the Minister of Health and Care Services that the time has come to change the need for entry isolation. In Ingwild Kerkol (Labor) Newsletters.
The ministry says travelers must check and register themselves upon arrival in Norway. The requirement for a negative test certificate taken prior to arrival also applies to individuals who are not fully documented with the corona certificate that they have been vaccinated or are subject to Covit-19.
Kerkol explains that one of the main reasons he now believes that the need for entry isolation should be eliminated is the need to look at the context of infection and entry isolation.
Those who are already in entry isolation can leave this from midnight, night until January 26th.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”