– I’ve never seen it before, Reider Remmert tells Talkbladet.
About a week ago, Remmert was on his usual evening walk with the dogs. He lives on a horse farm in Skogbykta, Ness municipality, and is often visited by many forest dwellers.
– One of the cats started barking loudly, so I followed to stop it, says Remmert.
I thought it was a rabbit
When he reached the dog, he could make out a roe deer grazing on the horizon. However, Remmert was a bit confused by Maan’s entourage.
– It was like standing with a white winter hare. He says there was only a white spot near it.
The white spot turned into a fawn that was completely white in fur.
– I realized in my little experience that this is something very special.
He rushed with the dogs and woke up the neighbors who knew he had a good camera mobile. The images have changed “as they were,” Remmert says.
Fortunately, that wasn’t the last chance to film. Remmert was allowed to borrow the camera from someone he knew and waited anxiously for the next few days. On Friday, the mother and white calf reappeared.
– I brought the camera and snuck in to take pictures, says Remmert.
– Among the rarities
In 2017, a female snow-white deer was captured on film in Optal. Deer researcher Erling Meesingset of the Norwegian Institute for Bioeconomy said: NRK White deer are very rare.
– Meisingset said it is one of the rarities in Norway.
He described vision as a sensation and attributed the white fur to a genetic defect. He also pointed out that they are easy prey for predators.
– Easy to spot white deer, added measingset NRK.
Remmert was also struck by the hunter’s thought of the white color of the guest now appearing in the garden. He also fears that people will go out in search of rare deer cubs.
– I have some water and some vegetables for them. I try to be kind to them and hope it can be left alone, she says.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”