At 18.00 on Friday night, a dozen protesters blocked the Housemans Gate / Torquet meeting in central Oslo from a devastating uprising.
A dozen people are sitting on the road around a truck chained to each other. About ten people sat under the truck involved and were chained to each other and in the truck.
Police blocked the Housemans gate for traffic. Public transport, which normally passes through the street, is diverted, the router informs Thackeray.
At 19.24, police began arresting people. In the live photos from the scene, you can see that the police took away several activists.
Sweden chained itself
At the meeting, there was a good atmosphere among the activists. They danced, they played music.
Beneath the truck sat a Swedish man who wanted to identify himself as Rob Wood. The person came to Oslo from Sweden to take part in the operation.
– We are here to inform the youth and change the general perception of the weather. “Even if we stop burning fossil fuels, the earth will still heat up to 1.5 to 2 degrees, and then the fire and terrible things we see today will continue,” Wood said with a sigh.
He had his hand on a black metal tube. At the other end of the tube was another person’s hand. To loosen the two men sitting with their hands on each pipe, Wood said police should use a special cutter.
– It will take a long time to get rid of it, Wood told Docbladet.
– Fear about the future
He added that, or at any time, he was not afraid to get hurt even if the police cut the metal pipe.
– I’m not really afraid of anything other than the future, thanks to the fear that I am here today.
– Isn’t it a little bad for the people of Oslo who use public transport by blocking the street this way?
– We are not trying to stop local traffic, we are not trying to stop traffic to keep the poor from coming. If it becomes an emergency trap, we may allow ambulances to pass. If there are any Tesla cars to return, it doesn’t matter to us, Wood said.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”