Romelu Lukaku has stated that he is unhappy with his situation at Chelsea, and goes a long way in criticizing Thomas Tuchel. Now the manager responds with the same coin.
– Let’s be honest. I don’t like it because it creates noise that we don’t need. It’s easy to take sentences out of context, but of course I don’t like it, the Chelsea boss said at a Friday morning news conference.
Tuchel’s move comes on the heels of Lukaku, who scored a goal against Brighton on Wednesday, commenting on his status at the club.
because I am An interview with Sky ItaliaHowever, which happened earlier this month, the Belgian clearly expressed his dissatisfaction with his status at the Premier League club.
– Physically I’m fine. “I am not happy with the situation at Chelsea,” Lukaku said.
He did his best to criticize coach Tuchel’s tactics.
Guardiola’s unique numbers – City now lead by eight
Tuchel chose to play with another system, but I don’t give up, I’ll be a professional. I’m not happy with the situation, but I’m a professional – and I can’t give up now,” said the Belgian.
The manager says the play was a surprise, and he doesn’t have the same perception of the situation as the attacker claims.
– not at all. I don’t feel like he’s unsatisfied, I feel it’s just the opposite. If you had asked me yesterday morning, I would have said I feel the exact opposite. So, it’s a surprise. But I’m the wrong person to ask, Tuchel said at the press conference.
The German repeated several times at the press conference that the quotes might have been taken out of context to make headlines. At the same time he says that he will sit with the Belgian.
– We will do it behind closed doors and open between us, as I believe our relationship was and will remain so.
In an interview with Italian Sky, he went so far as to suggest that a move from Inter to Chelsea before this season was not entirely according to his own plan.
– I mean that everything that happened last summer should not have happened in this way … How did you leave Inter, the way you left the club, how did you communicate with the Inter fans. It bothers me, Lukaku said, because it wasn’t the right time.
The Belgian then expressed his hope to return to AC Milan in the future.
Chelsea is second in the Premier League, eight points behind Manchester City, after 20 matches played. And this summer, Lukaku signed a five-year contract with the London club.
VG / NTB
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”