It got really exciting in last year’s edition of “The Farm” then Many participants were refreshed visiting the cabins near the farm live on it. This has been hit Difficult from television production due to the very strict coronavirus restrictions they have adhered to.
At that time, the chaos ended in Nils Kavalvik (40) who It can be seen this year in the side competition «Turbat»., took one for the team and Fly home from the registry.
Smuggling and phone calls
This year, things have apparently gone more smoothly on the farm. But this does not mean that some did not extend the flexibility a little.
Dagbladet can now reveal that several of the participants have been in contact with strangers this time around.
The adventures led to food being smuggled into the farm on several occasions. Contact with strangers also featured phone conversations at home – and that the production was at one point completely upside down, as all participants had to be crowned twice.
Dagbladet also gained access to photos that show he was a Norwegian-American TikTok-stjerna «NorwayRob» – Robert Michael Scott (54), as well as Hermann Herbert Herding (24), who was behind these events.
It is no secret that those who participate in the “farm” must live under strict rules, and are not allowed to contact the outside world during their time on the “farm” farm. It became especially important after last year’s scandal, when many people left the farm and risked catching coronavirus – which in turn would put several million kroner on the line.
At that time, program recording was paused. So, it might come as a surprise that a similar drama unfolded this year as well.
Because a full alarm was set off when TV 2 and production company Strix discovered that some of the participants were in contact with strangers. The drama is said to have taken place at the time of the recording which is now shown on TV.
– There was talk of shutting down production entirely. They wanted to get to the bottom of what happened, says an attendee when the production confronted the participants in the plenary, to Dagbladet.
Four people met
Participants Scott and Hearding Dagbladet explained that – by chance – they met two women and two young girls in the woods while working on the weekly task. The two were provided with food, and what was initially an innocent act suddenly jeopardized the recording at a time when infection rates were constantly increasing.
After they ate together what they had already received on the first night, Scott was said to have wanted more, and built a shopping list with wishes about more goods they would have liked to deliver to the farm.
The shopping list is set in the woods where they first met four strangers, and is said to have led to one delivery later.
At first, the production company didn’t know who had left the farm, but faced with accusations, Robert Michael Scott chose to “confess” – he presents an intensely mild truth during a “dishwashing meeting.”
Scott and Hearding corroborate the information in Dagbladet.
Robert admits that he and Hermann were working in the woods when they met four hikers. Someone got to know Robert from TikTok – a social network with more than 1.2 million followers of a Bergen native. Fearing that someone would reveal he was part of the “farm”, which at the time was completely secretive, the American believed he agreed to take a picture with the hikers – in exchange for staying close to them, and not sharing the photo on social media.
And as a thank you, they shared their food with the hungry reality contestants. Robert does not hide the fact that sliced bread and chocolate tasted great, in fact better than eggs, after living on potatoes, fish, and oatmeal for several weeks.
It was so delicious that I almost laughed! He says we ate the food immediately.
Dagbladet was also in contact with Herman Herberth Herding, who has a slightly different version of what really happened in the woods.
– We met those people who stood there in the woods and waved at us. I went to them, but Robert did not dare. They asked me if I wanted chocolate, and I cashed in with a “yes”. Rob wanted food, too – and ran away. We borrowed their phones. Rob called his wife, while I called Mom and Dad.
– We later found out we wanted more, and we made this shopping list. The next day wasn’t where we left it, and Robert in particular was very emphatic that production was what he found. A few days later, he was suddenly gone when all the participants gathered for dinner. That was when I realized we got more and he was in the woods to pick it up.
– I think that three days after the first meeting with them we ate what was delivered to the forest. To be honest: In my book, these four are some myths.
– Like a funeral
But: Suddenly the “production tycoons” arrived at the farm. They had doubts about what had happened, and settled with the participants to find out what had happened.
– It was said by the production side that they knew someone was in contact with strangers, but the other participants didn’t know we were behind it. I kept silent, but Robert of course could not and served half the truth. It looked a little sour.
– That atmosphere… It was more like attending a funeral, he says.
TV 2: Breaking the rules
TV 2’s director of press, Jan-Petter Dahl, confirms that the production has gone in and made a very small compromise with the participants.
– The production workers noticed that there were some pedestrians in the participants area where a weekly mission was done. Accordingly, close contact with strangers was suspected, but the production had no evidence, he says, before proceeding:
– Accordingly, we went in and had a serious talk with the participants. In the conversation, we emphasized the importance of staying away from the world outside the farm, given both the Corona case, and because this is a violation of the rules in the program, Dahl told Dagbladet.
Many of the other participants must have been angry when they realized what had happened.
– People thought we were selfish, and we should be ashamed. But we simply did not even think about the aura. Fortunately, says Herding, the mind passed quickly.
– I told them the story that I felt fit in there and then calmed the people down. They were disappointed, and very angry together, and we saw on their faces that they were sad and disappointed. It has become very noisy. Some shouted and asked how we could come up with such things – that we only think of ourselves.
In our own bubble
When the seriousness began to subside, Scott was said to have regretted the inventions. He explains that he had no idea controlling the infection when he met the hikers in the woods.
– After several weeks on the farm, I did not think about Corona. We were in our little bubble. But I understand, of course, that they had to take it seriously, and that it could have jeopardized production. Fortunately all the tests were negative and we were able to continue filming.
Scott, 54, who describes himself as “probably the most famous bus driver in the world,” thinks he really needs to take that phone home to his wife, Betty.
The opportunity came at a time when I was very sorry. I missed them at home and was on the verge of a breakdown. I used to have people dying from me every two years, and I wanted to know if everything was okay at home. Had I not spoken to Betty, I don’t think I would have endured much longer. He says the conversation gave me the motivation to keep going.
TV 2 Press Director Jan-Petter Dahl says infection control was a high priority during registration, while at the same time stressing that everyone was tested twice.
Two corona tests were done after that every ten days, so we have to be on the safe side. Everyone tested negative both times.
– Why did this year’s violations not have the same results as last year’s violations?
– In the past year, almost the entire cast was involved in more serious violations and it was carried out with greater intent. So we thought there was no basis to respond as aggressively as last year, he tells Dagbladet.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”