In a British study, humans were deliberately infected with the corona virus, followed by researchers, Gunnveig Grødeland, an immunologist and senior researcher at the University of Oslo, is optimistic about his case. According to Grødeland, the study confirms that Govit-19 is safe for young, healthy adults. The disease is still commonly considered an infectious disease.
– This type of study should contribute to the demise of this definition. Cov-2 is compatible with the flu, and the virus researcher says the flu is not defined as a common dangerous disease. To Minerva.
And she goes on to say:
– SARS-CoV-2 must have changed its definition, otherwise other diseases must be moved under the definition.
Still can’t be “disgraced”
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH) describes the disease as having three stages in the Infectious Disease Control Act. They believe Covid-19 is still sufficiently “harmless”.
– There are various credentials associated with the three levels. Whether a disease is generally defined as a dangerous contagion affects the rights and obligations of the individual, and, among other things, whether municipalities have the power to enforce action. By law, a generally dangerous infectious disease is a disease that is particularly contagious or can occur frequently, have a high mortality rate, or cause serious or permanent damage. We consider that Covid-19 still falls under this definition, writes Frod Foreland, director of the FHI, in an email to Netavision.
– What the FHI thinks about the above reason. Should the flu be considered a common contagious disease?
– 38 diseases are defined under the category of infectious diseases in general. If necessary, it is considered whether various diseases should be eliminated or added to this list. It is, among other things, assessed on the basis of infection, spread and possibilities for prevention and treatment. Known seasonal flu is not generally considered a contagious infectious disease. The FHI top agency says the flu could be added to the category as new variants with higher spread potential and severity emerge.
– The current definition of corona is that municipalities have the opportunity to implement local measures if necessary. What should it be, and is it different from what can be obtained in connection with the flu?
– We are still among the new records of coronary infection and hospital admission with multiple patients at once. Coincidental considerations and the uncertainty associated with the new virus suggest that it may be more appropriate to consider Kovit-19 as a generally dangerous infectious disease. Under the Infectious Disease Control Act, municipalities can implement measures that are medically reasonable, necessary for infection control and effective after an overall assessment. Says Forland.
Evaluation by the Norwegian Directorate of Health
The Ministry of Health and Care Services recently assigned the task of Kovit-19 to the Norwegian Directorate of Health, which is still generally defined as a dangerous infectious disease.
– The Norwegian Directorate of Health considers that there are several reasons why Kovit-19 should still be included in regulations relating to infectious diseases. Emergency readiness considerations in municipalities and the current design of economic rights are highlighted. According to the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, by law, Kovit-19 can still be classified as a dangerous infectious disease if it is deemed necessary and effective for infection control. They write in their work number 617 dated 10 February 2022.
3 1-3 No. 3 in the Infection Control Act Conditions for generally dangerous infections are defined in three points:
a) Generally long-term treatment, possible hospitalization, long-term sick leave or recovery, or
b) The disease can become so widespread that it becomes a significant burden on public health, or
c) creates a special burden because there are no effective preventive measures or cures for it.
Under its responsibility, the Norwegian Directorate of Health explains why Kovit-19 should generally continue to be a dangerous infectious disease.
– It is sufficient if one of the main criteria and one of the additional conditions are met. So there are many different types of cases in which a disease can be generally defined as a dangerous infection. The Norwegian Directorate of Health states that the main condition in 3 1-3 No. 3 of the Infectious Diseases Control Act is that Kovit-19 is considered a particularly infectious disease and that it occurs frequently. The Omigran variant is more contagious than previous variants, and it says that vaccines are less protective against infection than other types.
More to be included in the terms
The most important goal of the government’s strategy and contingency plan is to maintain control over the epidemic situation, which initially applies until April 2022. The Norwegian Directorate of Health considers that the best way to maintain control is to continue to include Covit-19 in the rules for generally dangerous infectious diseases.
Experience with epidemiology shows that clear rules work more effectively than recommendations and suggestions. For the introduction of municipality measures, Govt-19 is generally considered to be defined as a dangerous infectious disease in the regulations because it is in the first paragraph of 4-1 of the Infection Control Act. It was argued that Covid-19 should be removed from the regulations for dangerous diseases in general to prevent municipalities from introducing unreasonable measures that create local differences. Refers to the experience of the Infectious Disease Control Act since the Norwegian Directorate of Health came into force in 1995, especially in recent years during epidemics.
– There are very few examples of municipalities making decisions that are not well established and do not meet the requirements for proportion, cf. 1-5. The scope of local action may precisely vary from municipality to municipality, and each municipality must adapt its activities to the specific situation of the municipality. The Norwegian Directorate of Health hopes that the country’s municipalities will continue to administer these regulations in a good manner. They write in their work.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”