Far, better home! TV 2 weather director Eli Kari Gjegedal (52) knows the weather on his body better than most.
For more than 20 years, it has provided the Norwegian people with the latest news about the weather. She has her clear advice for summer-hungry Norwegians.
– What is the best treatment for people with weather?
– It’s quite obvious to give blanks about what the weather looks like. You just have to follow your plans. You can’t do anything about the weather. But it is possible to go to sunny areas if you are angry about rain and wind. Now it’s almost the other way around. Spaniards come to us to calm down. No, be happy in the clouds and rain. Drought is worse!
– Where do you best enjoy the summer sun?
– It’s outside my house in Strangeplassen in Bergen. When the sun finally comes up, I want to be home enjoying it.
– What sunblock do you use – and why?
– I use shade and a hat primarily – or cool clothes. Otherwise, I’m never less than a factor of 30. Preferably 50! The sun is intense, and it hurts to get a sunburn. I finished it myself in the 90’s. I rarely sunbathe.
What are your summer plans this year?
– We went to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, for the last 10 days in June. Maybe that’s really stupid because it’s so expensive and krone sucks… but we planned the trip last summer, and our kids are about not wanting to go on holiday with Tom and me, so we’re going to do it. Then it will be oatmeal for the rest of the summer. I hope someone will invite us over for a BBQ and cheap prosecco when we come back. We are coming!
Your best summer memory?
– There are many, but lately the summer holidays have been with our boys. A highlight was when Tom ferried us back and forth on the beach from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. We went on a cloud safari and I even flew as a co-pilot. It was a sick feeling – with the men in the back seat and my strong man in the driver’s seat. Tom is really good at flying!
– And the worst?
– The heat wave in Europe three years ago. Records were set everywhere. We would drive across Europe and visit all of my favorite wine regions. I couldn’t bear to drink a drop of wine. When we were in Bordeaux, a record “all-time high” was set at 46 degrees. I sat naked in the air-conditioned hotel room. We ran home faster than planned. When we arrived in Geilo, the heat wave was with us in the luggage. 29 degrees in Jello, help! I found a little patch of snow in Vistlia and drowned in it!
– Do you fall in love more in the summer?
– I’m so fond of Tom all the time. The most romantic time for me is fall. Bright summer nights are fun, but they mostly remind me of parties and fun.
How was your first summer trip?
– Ogoogog, I can’t remember if it was a flirtation, but I do remember being very interested in one of the men in a cottage in Jingdalen. He was from Denmark. We sat in the tractor and sang the Melodi Grand Prix songs in Danish. He was so cute and funny. But I don’t think there was any flirting. He probably didn’t know that I loved him more.
Do you swim naked in the summer?
– Yes, if I get the chance. But it’s mostly in a secluded spot in the woods or in the mountains – or at our pool in Spain.
Where was your best vacation?
– I like to travel during the holidays. The Interrail when I was 20 is a magical memory. But last year, Tom and I went to Poland and visited friends there. Then they took us everywhere. We saw an incredible number of beautiful places. loved it!
What is the best summer menu?
– Prosecco and lots of snacks! Strawberry and chips. I don’t need more. Well, some prawns and fresh meatloaf with mayonnaise are not to be despised! But prosecco with everything!
– Best grill and best seafood?
– I like fresh boiled crab and fresh prawns. On the grill, I would like a delicious beef burger. But corn on the cob is cold, too!
– The economy is tight – The krona is weak – What will you spend the Eid money on?
– I hope everything goes well on our trip to the States. I wish I could put my money in a savings account, but unfortunately it’s been eaten away.
– Boats for you mean…?
Zero and nothing. I have nothing to do with boats.
What’s the worst rumor you’ve heard about yourself?
– Fortunately, there are not many. But there was one time an angry wife called me and accused me of having an affair with her husband. Then I had to laugh, quite simply. I had no idea who he was. I thought he was bragging about everything, so I almost took it as a compliment.
– What gives you a bad conscience?
I often tend to deal with other people’s problems. Nonsense! But I feel so guilty when I’m away from my son for so long.
Who is your favorite star and why?
– Ogogo!!! There are many more, but Trud Drivland (76) is my idol. I like her and want to be just like her. Stylish, comprehensive, funny, wise, and incredibly funny!
– What are your best qualities?
– I am kind and fond of people. It took me incredibly far.
– And what’s your worst?
– My bad conscience over all sorts of nonsense. I spend a lot of time feeling guilty. And then I feel rushed sometimes.
Who would you like to work with and why?
– Jens Stoltenberg (64). For a man! I have a lot to learn from him. And then I want peace on earth!
Also read: – It probably won’t be a summer flirt
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”