Discover tapas! Watch Celta Vigo – Sevilla on TV 2 Sport 1 and play from 19.00 on Friday!
Spain’s Vigo is swept by storm, as Jurgen Strand-Larsen plays for Celta city pride.
Sevilla is waiting for a LaLiga match on Friday, but the preparation for the match has been very special for the Light Blues.
Heavy rains led to major flooding at the club’s home ground, the Estadio de Balaídos.
– I heard about the problems, and I realized a little. One of the videos from the changing room shows loads of water, also where I’m sitting, Strand Larsen tells TV 2, adding:
– It was a bit shocking to see!
Watch the flood video here:
– That’s not good
Strand Larsen says the players got together in a group on Wednesday to talk about the flood.
– It must have happened before as well. There are a lot of storms in Vigo, and there seems to be a river or water under the Vigo stadium too. That is why the water was obtained in one way or another. There was a lot of water, says the attacker.
– Those who have been here for a while didn’t worry much, but maybe it scared some. It is not good for that to happen.
But those who feared the postponement of the Sevilla match on Friday need not worry.
– Now the problem appears to be resolved. Strand Larsen said Friday’s game will continue as normal.
– What a sharp heart, it hurts
La Liga, like the biggest leagues in Europe, has a World Cup break. After 48 days without a meaningful league game, the forward is looking forward to playing again from Halden.
The Celta forward has scored two goals and four assists for the Spanish club this season.
– Because a sharp heart hurts. “I would like to score more goals,” says Strand Larsen.
– I would say that so far everything has gone well, except that the goals were few. As a striker, I would rather score a lot and play poorly than play well and score few goals. Fortunately, I’ve shown a lot of people that I can achieve success, says the national team striker.
You don’t want to end up in the dirt.
The 22-year-old is excited ahead of the latter half of the season.
Now it’s about working on becoming sharper in front of goal. I slipped really well into the set and am enjoying myself a lot. I’m learning a lot.
Celta Vigo ranks seventeenth in LaLiga, one point above the relegation zone. Strand Larsen will now hope they can shock Sevilla on Friday.
For the team, we’re in a bit of a difficult situation. Now we have to get the points up quickly in January, because we don’t want to end up ‘in the shit’. I hope we can avoid it.
Celta – Sevilla
tv 2 play
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”