Erling Braut Haaland returned to the training ground on Thursday, but in a press conference on Friday, Pep Guardiola did not agree on whether Braut Haaland would return to the field against Fulham on Saturday.
– It’s much better. “We have a training session this afternoon, so we’ll see,” Guardiola said.
The Manchester City coach’s statement is being interpreted as if Braut Haaland could be in the squad on Saturday. Speculation is swirling in England as to whether the 22-year-old will play from the start or play a smaller role.
– He decides himself and the opinion of the doctor. Guardiola: We’ll see.
Get to know the Norwegian Nightmare opponents
If Braut Haaland returns, it will be a reunion with the opponent that Erling Braut Haaland has had a hard time recently.
With nine goals, Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic scored the third most in the Premier League.
At the end of September, Mitrovic helped crush Norway’s dream of being promoted to Group A in the Nations League when he scored one goal in a 2–0 win over Ullevaal. In 2020, it was Mitrovic when Norway’s European Commission dream was shattered. Braut Haaland started at the summit for Norway.
On Friday, Pep Guardiola was asked if he used Erling Braut Haaland’s structure on the training ground to prepare the City players for what awaits them in Aleksandar Mitrovic’s power plug.
– We didn’t have time. We did recovery training yesterday, and the players are very tired. Some who didn’t play last time (against Sevilla) will play tomorrow. But the players know – they’ve played against them (Fulham before). Guardiola says that with Mitrovic’s long balls, we will almost certainly miss the encounters, but then we have to prepare for the second balls.
It is full of praise for the Fulham gas station.
– He’s a dangerous player. He scores goals naturally and is a competitive man. Guardiola says he pushes defenders to the max and is clinical.
Before the Serbia match in Olival, Former national team captain Stefan Johansen was deeply impressed by his colleague Mitrovic, with whom he played at Fulham.
– He’s one of the most professional people I’ve met. I’m not surprised it’s in full bloom now. Johansen said he has been very good with Fulham in recent years and his numbers speak for themselves, and he was aware Mitrovic would give up if there were big stars on the other side.
Stefan Johansen said he doesn’t care who he plays against.
Haaland missed two matches
Braut Haaland missed the Premier League match against Leicester last weekend, and was also not in the squad against Sevilla in the Champions League in the middle of the week.
– feel better. Compared to Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, he feels better today. It’s still not one hundred percent, so we don’t want to take any chances. I hope he comes back against Fulham, Guardiola recently told TV 2.
Erling Braut Haaland has scored 17 goals in eleven Premier League games for Manchester City so far.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”