ULLEVAAL (Dagbladet): Norway will meet the Netherlands at home in the World Cup qualifiers next Wednesday.
On that occasion, national team manager Staley Solbakken and star striker Erling Braut Haaland met with the Norwegian press after a training session on Monday at the Olival Stadium.
Just before the national team meeting, it was reported that Sheffield United player Sander Berg (23) had contracted the Corona virus, and thus lost several international matches.
– It was a shame to be positive. It’s a bit surprising that a fully vaccinated person comes here with a positive test. Of course he’s not good for this national team and the world, Haaland tells Dagbladet, it’s a shame.
Ståle Solbakken says Berge may have contracted coronavirus during his final days in Sheffield or on a trip to Norway. The midfielder is isolated in Asker, according to the national team manager.
– It relaxes. Solbakken says he’s not terminally ill, but he has the virus.
Illness may prevent a move to Berg this summer, although medical staff are prepared to conduct a check-up if needed before the window closes at midnight on Tuesday.
– We’re ready for that to happen. He is as we have been “afraid” of getting into a situation, he is lying in bed, or at least on the sofa and held for ten days. Solbakken says he may not be able to go to Russia until now.
“I think it will be difficult even for Wivestad,” Solbakken continues with a smile, aiming for Berge Morten Wivestad’s agent.
can get better
Haaland stands with one goal in five matches under Solbakken.
– Since I started in the national team, I have felt that I can do better. My goal with Ståle and the entire national team is to get the best out of my game, he told Dagbladet.
Haaland later continued by saying what needs improvement in:
I have to score more goals, I have to help more, I have to be more involved in the game, I have to run more.
Haaland will face, among other things, Liverpool midfielder Virgil van Dijk on Wednesday.
– It’s the best I’ve ever met. Haaland says he’s a good player so we have to try to play around him.
There will be 7,000 spectators in the stands at Ullevaal.
– Of course that’s good. I wish there were more, but we’ll try to make a good evening with the 7000, Haaland tells Dagbladet.
The Borussia Dortmund striker will not comment on whether there are any transfer rumors, two days before the transfer window.
Don’t look at the table
Haaland says this about his own look:
– I think I’m doing well. There were some good matches and some not so good matches. It is important to find stability now. Haaland says the body feels good.
Norway occupies fourth place, a point behind the leaders of the league, Turkey, after three matches. When asked if Norway should beat the Netherlands, Haaland replied:
– I didn’t look at the table, but we must. You know it better than me.
Norway is fourth in the group after three matches in which they played 2-0-1. Turkey leads the group with seven points, ahead of Norway, the Netherlands and Montenegro by six. Then Latvia (1 point) and Gibraltar (0 points).
The duo of Alexander Sorloth and Christian Thorstedt have been suspended for the match against the Netherlands.
Next Saturday, Norway will meet Latvia away from home, before the match against Gibraltar three days later.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”