Erling Braut Haaland presented the trilogy at the request of Viaplay commentator Eivind Bisgaard Sundet. Yerboin scored three goals every time the Southerner pinned him at a new club.
2019: The football commentator at Viaplay comments on Salzburg’s debut against Genk in the Champions League. 19-year-old Haaland scores an impressive hat-trick.
2020Evind Bisgaard-Sandet is here to comment on Borussia Dortmund with Haaland for the first time. Norwegian comes as an alternative. Great start. Three goals in 20 minutes. The match turned into a 5-3 victory over Augsburg.
2022: The 43-year-old from Mandal comments on Haaland for the first time in a Manchester City outfit. History repeats itself. The phenomenon from Bryne recording a triplex again with Bisgaard Sundet behind the Viaplay microphone.
He posted this update on Twitter before the match:
– I thought I had to put some pressure on him. After his Haaland treble, Bisjard Sundet said he hasn’t scored any treble yet.
Erling Braut Haaland caused the Etihad Stadium to shake with excitement Three degrees in 19 minutes. 1–2 against Crystal Palace turned out to be a 4–2 win. The Norwegian received a warm welcome.
– There was a possibility that there might be some goals at home, so it was good to shoot before the match, says Evind Bisgaard Sundit.
With six goals in four matches, he is already the top scorer in England.
– He has proven that he can be the top scorer in the Premier League. Evind Bisgaard Sundit says it’s just a matter of staying away from injuries, then I think that would be great.
Of course he will get many chances in this City team. He is patient. At Dortmund too, he had a little ball in a lot of matches, but he showed up when he was supposed to.
In Salzburg, Haaland ended up scoring 29 goals in 27 matches (average of 1.07). In Borussia Dortmund 86 out of 89 (0.97). At Manchester City, he scored six goals in four Premier League matches (1.50). Eivind Bisgaard Sundet is no stranger to the fact that the Norwegian can maintain a goal average of more than one at Manchester City.
– I don’t rule it out. He’s playing in a much better team now and maybe he could score a higher goal average, he says.
– Become better at affecting all matches. At first he could have fought fights he was stopped. He seems to be better mentally prepared for each match. I think he’s improved on all the things he was good at before. He seems quicker and better at integrating with fellow players and so on, he continues.
Bisgaard Sundet also thinks Erling Braut Haaland this season in a city context could get an advantage from Norway for not playing the World Cup in Qatar in November and December.
He’s spending the long Christmas holidays that many of the other top players in the world don’t enjoy, he points out.
But in June 2024, Haaland could make his championship debut for Norway during EC in Germany. Evind Bisgaard Sandet is no stranger to commenting on that match either.
– He would have been fine with the next World Cup or European Championship play-off, he wrote in one Twitter message.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”