His health is constantly improving – he has bought plane tickets and booked a place to train safely at one of his favorite destinations in Europe, says Engfeld Flugstad Ostberg, 31.
Now it is at an altitude of just over 2,000 meters on the Seiser Alm in the Dolomites in northeastern Italy.
– It’s somewhat magical, you might say. Really incredibly delicious. I have always enjoyed my time here and I understand why I missed this place. Ostberg says that everything from the surroundings to the training facilities, not least the quiet you get from being here – and continues:
– And then of course I believe in altitude training and that part.
I have already warned in a Interview with VG This summer she wanted to prepare for the start of the season with one or two hikes. The question was whether the state of health allowed this. A health condition that previously led to long breaks from the usual training routine and competitions.
But along with her team, both health workers and trainer Pål Gunnar Mikkelsplass, have found that her progress on the health side means she can travel to the heights this fall. The decision was made in mid-August, the 31-year-old said.
There will be 16 days, nine of them in Seiser Alm and seven in Livigno, also in Italy.
– If I were to travel, my health would go in the direction I wished. We found out that it looks like this, she says and continues:
– I am very happy with what was achieved, although we did not reach the goal with the project and everything is nailed with the goal of going skiing in the winter. There is work left to do. But it is clearly a positive thing to be here.
Coach Mikkelsplass is with the first half. Christopher Rocky, her boyfriend and partner, is coming in the last week or so.
For Østberg, this will be her first proper stay at a height since summer/autumn 2019. She reiterates that she has great faith in these stays, as she has done for many years both at private level and in the national team alongside Thérèse Juhaug.
When asked what he looked like, Ostberg replied as follows with three months left until the World Cup opening:
– At least I have a good training form, I know. It’s an August model, probably a transition, and yes, the starting number was hard to wear now. But this is part of the building process. Ostberg says I’ll have other gear for the winter.
note! Ostberg has not yet decided whether to take a second flight at altitude. That decision will be made later this fall.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”