1 / 8
BISLETT (VG) Jakob Ingebrigtsen (21) won as he wanted, but did not erase the 37-year-old’s European record for Drømmemila’s Steve Krams at the Bislet Games. He ended up trailing 14 hundred.
Unbelievable slack, Ingebrigtsen tells VG and describes Bislett Games as “absolutely charming”.
He completely dominated the finish line and ran to the finish line one second ahead of Oliver Hoare of Australia.
For the first time, a Norwegian wins Drømmemila in Bislet. For the first time, one of the Ingbrigtsen brothers has won the Diamond League at the Bislet Games.
– He’s in his own world. He is the first Norwegian to win Drømmemila. He’s totally king, says brother and acting coach, Henrik Ingbrigtsen, after sprint 3.46,46.
It’s historic, says General Bislet Steiner Hoen.
Jacob Ingbrigtsen had asked that the rabbit’s speed be set at just 3.46 and chased Steve Cram’s European record, set in Bislet 37 years ago (3.46.32). Britain’s time was a world record in 1985.
Ingebrigtsen claims that the record was not the target.
– No, the goal was a nice experience and a good race towards the World Cup, he says.
The Sundance phenomenon led to the pressure and provided the sixth best distance race in history. He goes to the World Cup in the US with great confidence after two victories in the one English mile and one in the 5,000m outdoors in 2022.
– He still has a degree to go to WC, Henrik Ingebrigtsen tells VG.
– There is still work to be done. There is no time to waste in the final four weeks of the World Cup, says Jacob Ingbrigtsen himself.
Ingebrigtsen and pole vaulter “Mondo” Duplantis are best paid ever to compete in the Bislet Games.
– They attach to the ceiling. It’s quite similar, says General Bislet, Steinar Hoen, and states that the only injured Karsten Warholm is in the same category.
Amounts are confidential, but it is better to pay them. This doesn’t just apply to Bislett. The market value of Karsten, “Mondo” and Jacob is pretty much the same everywhere. It’s a bit like the Bolt, Hoen tells VG, they have a fixed amount that they get in most places.
– Manage them until the three agree with this how it is. If one of them breaks out, there will be a price hike. The conference director explains that it will affect the quality we have to get to make a good deal.
For us, Jacob is undoubtedly the most important, says Hoen.
The dream mile was Jakob Ingbrigtsen’s fourth outdoor race of the season, after taking silver in the indoor 1500m in March, with his body infected with the coronavirus.
Ingebrigtsen won the May 6 5000m race on 13.02.03 in the USA before winning the English mile 3.49.76 on May 28 at the WC Arena in Eugene. In addition, he ran a little over a week ago the 800m (4th place) at the Trond Mohn Games in Bergen.
Now there will be no more competitions before the World Cup.
In exactly one month – July 16 – he will be in Oregon. The 1500m trial runs will take place on the second day of the championships. There is also a good chance that Jakob Ingebrigtsen will run after 5,000m in the restroom.
– I think it can be exciting, says Jakob Ingbrigtsen after his first Diamond League win in Bislet.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”