The interest of the Norwegian authorities in looking after SAS will be strong, but I fear it will be weak if SAS discovers “tricks and combinations” and new organizational structures. We don’t need this, Marley says.
On Friday, the NRK reported that several SAS pilots who were fired during the epidemic were raging against their old employer.
They respond that they have to pay millions of kroner out of their own pocket to qualify to apply for their previous jobs. One of the fired pilots says it will cost 400,000 or 500,000 kroner.
Many pilots believe the company has given them the idea that they will get their jobs back as soon as the community opens.
This practice strongly reacts to the monetary policy spokesperson as the largest party in government now.
Marley believes SAS is trying to set up an “innovation” organizational structure for ex-pilots to escape its responsibility.
– I think this gives a very bad signal effect, employees who have experienced the most difficult time should apply for a job in the company where they worked for many years. I would like to warn SAS against continuing like this, says Marley.
– There is no point in saving them
Through the epidemic, the state has provided more than NOK 6 billion recovery packages to Norway, SAS and Widerøe.
Now Myrtle comes with a strong warning to refer to the Scandinavian plane as “primary”. A transport policy spokesman at one of the parties in government points out that there have been many who have struggled to escape SAS in the past.
– If SAS were to continue like this, we would not want to compare ourselves as companies in European aviation, there is no point in saving them, Myrtle Thunder.
Through the epidemic, the government has provided recovery packages More than NOK 6 billion for Norway, SAS and Widerøe.
“Tricks and Combinations”
In 2018, the government sold its remaining SAS shares. Myrtle says the Labor Party was previously open to the government to buy back the company.
At the same time, he says it would be less appropriate for the AP to support this if the SAS trend does not change.
– If SAS now discovers new structures, tricks and combinations and becomes like companies we do not want to compare ourselves to, it becomes clear that interest in supporting, helping and saving SAS will decrease.
– My warning to SAS is that they should abandon plans to establish more companies and that employees should apply for their jobs again, Labor Party finance policy spokesman Sverre Myrli tells NRK.
– Important for survival
SAS was severely affected by the infection. About 560 SAS pilots lost their jobs.
Executive Vice President Simon Bach Hanson responded by emailing the NRK to Labor Party criticism.
– SAS is now in Scandinavia and working to secure new jobs. Our new system is absolutely crucial to the status and survival of the company. The agreements we have now made with the Danish trade union federation are Scandinavian based and contribute to us gaining profitable and futuristic business in fierce competition with other companies, Hanson writes.
Refuses to break the promise
Eivind Bjurstrøm, director of planning services at SAS, said on Friday that SAS ‘promise to fire pilots when Norway reopened was wrong.
Bijurstrom says there has been talk of the right to be re-employed in SAS Scandinavia. This company doesn’t need people now, he says.
However, Bjurstrøm says people are needed in the new subsidiaries SAS Link and SAS Link. These companies fly the new type of aircraft Airbus, so the pilots must have a new certificate.
Asked to keep the uniform ready
Anders Eckerman is an islander who was fired for not being able to fly an Airbus plane. He estimates that the courses he will have to take will cost up to half a million kroner if he wants to return to work.
– When SAS fired us, SAS told us to keep the uniform at home and keep it ready. They are looking forward to the community opening and were told we could come back, Iceland said Friday.
On Friday, the Norwegian Pilots Association described what SAS had done as a breach of promise. SAS disagrees and believes it is reasonable for them to change the structure of the company to ensure profitability
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”