Molde (Dagbladet): The young full-back played one of the key roles in what became an at times chaotic affair in Lerkendal between Rosenborg and Molde last weekend.
He was handled poorly by Adrian Pereira. A short time later, he was the same offender against Jayden Nelson. Ole Sæter responded by running from the bench onto the pitch and pushing Løvik to the ground from behind.
Sæter was sent off, but just a minute later, Løvik himself was too late in the challenge and received a red card. Molde lost the match, and after the match Lovick took measures to avoid the heat he knew was coming.
– Zero idea
The Twitter account and some local newspapers were closed Romsdal Podsticky mentioned earlier this week.
– I closed the account. It was just to block it all out, not that I cared much about it. It was just about finishing that game and thinking about the next one, there’s no point in exposing yourself to any bullshit, as Lovik explained to Dagbladet after Molde’s win over Hacken in Gothenburg on Thursday.
Others told him there was incitement on social media.
– But I myself have no idea. He reveals that I haven’t read anything.
– How were the days after the Rosenborg match?
– It was difficult for the first two days, but then you have to move on.
– The road is on the edge
In the pre-match press conference with Hacken, Erling Mo admitted that after watching the match again, he saw things he would rather not have seen.
– He went beyond the edge. It was a game where there were cowboys and Indians, but no sheriff, summed up Chief Moldy.
It’s also hard-boiled for Eric Hogan. Pereira took his throat after the Rosenborg full-back tackled Lovick.
“The consequences could have been worse for me. I ran away,” Hogan said.
Løvik got his personal revenge by being among the best on the field when Molde beat Häcken. He even took Häcken’s great talent Momodou Sonko out of the game in the first half.
– Now I knew him after the first match and I had complete control. This was a very delicious victory for us, Lovec smiled after the win.
With victory over Qarabag in the next match, Molde can guarantee promotion to the Europa League.
– It’s a great situation. Now we just have to keep driving, Lovik smiles.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”