It gives me great pleasure that the day will come when we and the rest of Norway are back to normal. finally.
For 562 days, we ran a mountain lodge with strict restrictions and measures. Now we open our entire offer again!
562 Days With The Door Opened – Now We Open The Doors Wide Again!
Today, it’s 562 days since Haukeliseter Mountain Lodge, and the rest of Norway, closed as a result of the Corona pandemic.
For 7 weeks, we kept the hostel doors locked. The mountain was bathed in snow, spring sun and Easter mood, but guests had to stay indoors in March and April 2019. For a mountain lodge that usually announces that we are always open, this was a bit strange and unrealistic. Looking back, we have no doubts that it was the right decision.
In May 2020, we opened the doors again – not wide open, but wide open. For the past seventeen months, we have run a mountain lodge with strict restrictions and measures. We’ve changed routines, canceled trips and events, and taken in far fewer guests than others. We’ve become big consumers of rubbing alcohol and face masks, and have served breakfast on the plate instead of the buffet. We took a shower, turned off the sauna and hot tub, spent a lot of time organizing and planning and were woken up in no time.
If we do say so ourselves, we would have thought that we eventually got very good at running a mountain lodge during the pandemic.
It’s not an issue of course, but it is a huge relief that today we are fully reopening the Haukeliseter mountain lodge, and we haven’t had a single infection case yet.
We did it – together!
Life in the fresh air, nature and mountains have been salvation for many during the pandemic. Our goal has never been to challenge national and local guidelines and measures, but rather to offer a limited supply to those who are healthy and come from low-infection areas.
- Thank you very much for showing your understanding and support as a guest during this time.
- Thank you very much for washing and washing your hands when you visit us.
- Thank you very much for staying home when I was sick.
- Thank you very much for keeping your distance from the other guests so everyone can feel safe.
- Thank you so much for taking it with a smile when we called you and had to cancel the course you signed up for.
- Thank you very much for your understanding that we were fully booked when I wanted to go on a trip.
- Many thanks to the management and administration of DNT and Stavanger Tourist Association for the support when the frustration was great and the questions abound
- And not least – a big thank you to our unique and indispensable staff who have stood their ground throughout the pandemic. They had to deal with a lot of uncertainty and change. They washed, sprayed and cleaned. They put themselves last and run the risk of providing good guest experiences. We did it – together!
Now everything will be fine again!
After being out of action for about 18 months, the hot tub needs some time to start over. We plan to reopen the hot tub for the fall holiday (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday weeks 40 and 41).
Now we open our entire offer again
This means the Haukeliseter mountain lodge reopened:
The one meter rule is the date and that means we can open our entire offer again. From Saturday 25.09 we open the TV room, playroom, dormitories and sauna for use again.
Back to book dormitory bed, storage cage and self-catering room
As of Monday 27.09, we are back to the normal practice of reserving a bed in a dormitory, a storage cage, and a self-catering room, as it was before the pandemic. This means that from now on you will be booking a bed, not the whole room, like other DNT cabins. If you want to book the entire room, you can of course do so for an extra empty bed of 100kr per bed.
We also remove requests for cleaning and bed linen in these rooms. You can now bring your own bed linen or sheet bags (no sleeping bag allowed!), and cleaning is done by the individual guest upon departure. You can always rent bed linen and pay for cleaning if you wish. Kitchen utensils will also be available in these rooms again.
Villmarksspa is open for fall break
In Haukeliseter you will find one of the best wilderness resorts in Norway with panoramic views of the great nature. After being out of service for about 18 months, the hot tub needs some time to start over. We plan to reopen the hot tub for the fall holiday (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday weeks 40 and 41).
The sauna is already open on Saturday 25.09 at 16.00.
From now on, the wild spa will be open every Saturday from 16.00 to 22.00. If you wish to additionally use the steam room and sauna, it is possible to rent a wild spa for individuals and groups.
Before the pandemic, we said we always had room, and if we didn’t have room, we made room. However, for the last 17 months, we have accepted only pre-booked guests. We are moving away from this now. From now on you are always welcome with us, either in a vacant room or on a mattress on the floor.
But – we still encourage you to book in advance (just in case).
Some infection advice still applies
- Keep washing your hands well. If you don’t have hot soapy water, use rubbing alcohol
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Use a tissue (if it is not available, it is best to cough into the elbow hook)
- Learn about the local infection control measures in place in both your home municipality and the visiting municipality
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”
Venus – Discovering an unexpected volcano on Venus
We must do everything we can to prevent this from happening again
Weather: – There are no signs of spring on the horizon