In addition to reducing the number of electric scooters available in Oslo, the city council has introduced a ban on renting controversial transportation routes from 23.00 to 05.00 every day. Some of the riders who rent electric scooters introduced themselves this summer.
– causing great consequences for several hundred thousand
The night closed, among other things, after prayers at the Oslo Emergency Service Concerned about admission When the ride time on alcohol and electric scooter is extended.
The ambulance service, police and fire service also sounded the alarm when the debate erupted this summer. They thought that the confusion of electric scooters lying on the road, as well as careless driving and electric scooters behaving like pedestrians, cyclists and motorists, had long led to The emergency response is time consuming and life threatening Traffic conditions.
– Zero at night
Oslo emergency services are seeing a clear trend after several players decided to close for night rentals and the city council introduced night closures.
At night, the number of injuries is zero, which is not surprising, but it is very good, says Henrik Schwartz, chief physician of the Oslo Emergency Department, telling TV2.
He says the emergency room takes care of the difference.
– We find that there are fewer patients to treat at night, which means something. It is clear that this usually means something to the whole house in the emergency room.
15,000 electric scooters were shut down overnight in Oslo
In July the city council decided to drastically tighten the number of electric scooters for rent in the capital. It was decided that this number should be reduced from 23,000 to 8,000. This led to protests and lawsuits by actors Tier, Voi and Ryde.
On Friday, they lost the case against Oslo Municipality, which, along with nine other players, had to reduce the number of scooters. Each of them can now run 667 scooters in Oslo.
The reduction was introduced on Friday, September 10 by several:
These are the new rules
- A maximum of 8,000 scooters will be set up in the capital. The number of vehicles in the city will be divided into four zones. Permission has been granted for 12 players to rent 667 scooters each.
- The new rules require rental providers to close rentals on all weekdays from 23:00 to 05:00. Alarm functions should be turned off by 20.00-07.00 on weekdays and by 20.00-09.00 on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- Temporary and permanent digital zones (geofence) have been established which the landowner is obliged to enforce (regulation of location including restrictions, speed limits and usage restrictions)
- Electric scooters are provided to landowners for removal, moving and cleaning, blocking access or outside the designated zone.
- The landlord will have to pay a fee to offset municipal costs in connection with the ease of administration and rental operations.
- Vehicles used in the operation of the rental business must be free of emissions. Requirement applies from 1.4.2023.
– From one weekend to the next half
The austerity measures are only a weekend coming into effect from Friday, but these first weekend figures show a positive trend.
– We see the total number declining, as mentioned, the number of accidents at night is not surprisingly low, but there is a total decline. We think it’s very good, however it should be noted that it says something very soon, says Chief Physician Schwartz.
Compares the figures for the weekends before tightening with the first weekend numbers with the lowest number of electric scooters:
Before austerity measures: Over the weekend from September 3 to 05, 29 people were injured. From night to Saturday and Sunday, there were eight patients from 23.00 to 05.00.
After austerity measures: Over the weekend, Sept. 10-12, 12 people were injured. From night to Saturday and Sunday, a 23-year-old injured patient was recorded, and no one was present at night.
– It’s halved from one weekend to the next, says Schwartz.
On Monday, September 13, only two people were injured, according to the emergency services register.
– A forecast
The austerity measures are ending successfully, but Chief Physician Schwartz reiterated that there were at least positive figures this first weekend.
– We can see this as a complete forecast. But at night the effect is sure. Only in the daytime can we be sure. It depends on the weather, etc., among others, so that the weekends can not be compared exactly with each other. But we hope the sharp reduction in the number of electric scooters will do something with the number of injuries.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”
The bushfire danger has been upgraded to orange
Eastern Norway: – Starting to become a crisis
Moelv – NRK Innlandet – Nurses union expresses concern about recruitment for new Mjøssjukehus on local news, TV and radio.