Rally driver Steve Rockland from Kongsvinger is a highly qualified motorsport athlete with several NM gold medals.
On Saturday, the plan is for his rally car, a Peugeot 208, to be rented out to someone else during the Auerscog-Holland sprint.
So, on Friday afternoon the car was loaded onto the trailer and prepared for transport.
But the next morning, the 30-year-old man discovered that both the parked car and the trailer were missing.
– Then you will be a bit shocked, he tells TV 2.
Røkland then notified her father, and an hour after the gruesome discovery, the police arrived at the scene.
– This is a very special car for me. I have had it since 2014 and have won six NM golds in it. Not only does it cost a lot in value, but it also costs a lot of memories.
The Kongsvinger man estimates that the car is worth NOK 350,000 to 400,000.
Rockland says the theft has been reported. TV 2 has tried to contact the police in Kongswinger, but has so far been unsuccessful.
He was stunned by the answer
After the theft, the rally driver shared his claim for the trailer and car on social media.
It has been shared over 8,000 times on Facebook.
– I was very shocked. I posted in anticipation of some sharing so I really appreciate it. Ecosystems and non-ecosystems want to help.
He has also promised a reward of NOK 15,000 for information leading to the discovery of the case.
– Why are you giving a gift?
– To get information when people ask for something. I believe the car is still in the area. The police said that the said car did not leave the country. I’m pretty sure the car is in Norway.
Rockland says a few tips have come in, but none have yet solved the theft.
Now the 30-year-old fears he may have to put his life on ice if he doesn’t fix the car.
– It’s not easy without a car. It can stop everything. I don’t have the budget to buy a new car.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”