The man will be interrogated and arraigned on Monday, said Don Venatoken Demdemon, duty attorney for the Southeast Police District.
He says police arrested the man on Sunday night.
– The person has been charged and arrested for violating Section 355 of the Criminal Code, which applies to causing a fire likely to cause loss of human life, known as the arson section, said Demdemon.
Pleads not guilty
According to Temtemoen, the accused has allowed himself to be interrogated but has not confessed to the crime. This was confirmed by his bodyguard Johnny Swain.
– Sween says he has nothing to do with the incident and therefore has not pleaded guilty.
Sween explained to his client where he had been and what he had done.
– It does not involve starting fires, says Sweyn.
The house in Ulefoss in the municipality of Nome caught fire on Sunday night. Residents evacuated, but could not save the house.
The police received information about the fire at 01:35.
– The house was fully engulfed in flames upon arrival and could not be saved, Ror Suckestad, head of operations for Nome and Mid-Telemark Fire and Rescue, told NRK earlier today.
As there was electricity near the house, the electronic plant drew electricity. As a result, electricity was cut off in 60 houses in the area.
Demdemon says that the case will be prosecuted with full force going forward. An NRK reporter at the scene says police are monitoring the scene of Sunday’s fire.
– Further forensic investigations are to be carried out as to the cause. Demdemon says it takes some time for you to examine a fire scene.
Witnesses should be questioned and other investigations should be conducted, he added.
Meetings in court
As it stands now, according to Temtemoen, the police will ask for a four-week detention. He says the police investigation has just begun and they fear evidence may be lost. She also believes there is a risk of recurrence.
Sween says the man will appear in court and they will ask for his release.
Demdemon would not say anything about why the police suspected the accused. She avoids information because of the risk of tampering with evidence.
– We have the opportunity to receive information that is not influenced by what you have read or heard.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”
– Most of the open flames fell down
Stabbed in Oslo
New E18 – NRK Sørlandet – Local news, TV and radio fear that farms will be closed