Very red: – scandal

Very red: – scandal

On Saturday evening, the Greek Cup final between Panathinaikos and Aris was scheduled to be decided.

As the first woman, Frenchwoman Stephanie Frappart was appointed to referee the match.

And it wasn't without drama, as she was verbally attacked when she called off the match.

Strange scenes

Three red cards

The match was held at a neutral stadium in the city of Volos. Panthesaliko Stadium lacks surveillance cameras, so the authority demanded that the match be held without an audience as well.

During the match, three red cards were dealt: two to Aris and one to Panathinaikos.

It looked like the match would go to extra time, but in the seventh minute of extra time, Georgios Vagiannidis scored the winning goal for Panathinaikos.

Immediately after the score, Frappart blew the game.

He went on the attack: Frappart was escorted away by guards and police.  Photo: Reuters/NTB

He went on the attack: Frappart was escorted away by guards and police. Photo: Reuters/NTB
Show more

I should have shot her

Aris club president and main owner Theodoros Karipidis and Aris players are said to have verbally attacked Frappart.

Frappart was escorted away by guards and police.

We have not seen an operation like this for several years. Two red cards in six minutes. The highlight of their plan was when this French woman blew up the match right after her goal. After the match, Karipidis told a Swedish newspaper that it was a scandal Aftonbladet.

Several Greek media outlets also reported that Frappart mentioned in her referee's report that one of the players kicked her during the commotion

Ares will be investigated and face severe punishment for his violent behavior.

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo, Juventus | Buffon refers to Ronaldo as the beginning of the downturn:
Najuma Ojukwu

Najuma Ojukwu

"Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *