Perhaps you intend to treat yourself to something extra good in the glass this Christmas, or perhaps you intend to give away a bottle for Christmas? Not all poles are equally well-equipped, and some of the best drops are only available by ordering range. Then it might be smart to turn around.
– The last deadline by which we can guarantee delivery of pre-Christmas goods from the order selection is already Saturday, Halvor-Bing Lorentzen, Director of Communications and Social Responsibility at Vinmonopolet, tells DinSide.
However, not all hopes are lost if you don’t succeed.
– In general, it is very good to order goods that are not available in the store at a later time as well, but this deadline is to be absolutely sure that they will arrive. Usually, goods from our main suppliers can also be ordered much later, and arrive by Christmas.
Drop the queue
Nor is it just custom-made goods that can be smart to order. To avoid full stores, you can order at your leisure from the couch, through the Vinmonopolet website or from the app.
Once you place the order, you don’t have to stand in the checkout queue, you can find an employee at the store, at the information counter or at the separate tap and collect counter.
If you shop at some specific stores, such as Bekkestua or Rygge, you can also try Vinmonopolet’s new pick-up cabinet.
– We have a pilot project where we are testing lockers where you can pick up the goods yourself.
Christmas opening hours
The calendar shows December 2nd, and Christmas is here faster than we can say “old lady’s Christmas Eve”. There’s a lot to do and check off the menus, and what was it really like in those business hours again?
Hours are extended, and many stores are open on Sundays, but now you have to look farther away for liquor stores that are open on Sundays.
– Vinmonopolet’s opening hours are regulated by law, so we can’t stay open on Sundays, or extend opening hours, says Lorentzen.
It should also be noted that the legislation regulates maximum times, but there are also places in the country where there are municipal restrictions and regulations for the sale of alcohol, which are somewhat more restrictive. So it’s smart to check your local urine.
The pole is also closed on Christmas Eve.
– A few years ago, legislation allowed Vinmonopolet to stay open on certain evenings, so now we’re open on Easter Eve, Whitsunday and New Years – but not Christmas Eve.
These are the opening hours:
Week 51: Most stores are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., but check local opening times for individual opening times, as there are exceptions for some small shops.
christmas eve: Closed
Christmas day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
space christmas: Normal business hours, 10 am to 6 pm
New Year’s Eve: Most shops are open from 10-15, but check with your local office, as exceptions may be made for some smaller shops.
When should you act?
The last thing we want in the run-up to Christmas is to queue, but there is a way to reduce the chances of full queues and long queues. On the Vinmonopolet website, or in the app, you can search for your nearest pole and check if there are the least queues at your local outlet.
– We have created an overview on the website and in the app that shows the times of the day when the traffic is high and which is low. The algorithm is based on the sales of the past year from the corresponding day.
You can easily find an overview of the pole’s location under stores and hours of operation. There you can search for the nearest store to you.
Here we used the colors of traffic lights to show when there is the least chance of queuing.
Tip: If you’re running a little late, you can check the inventory at your local pole – and only order items that are in stock. Then they choose the goods from the rack, usually ready in two days, sometimes after two hours.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”