The former President of the United States had at least 35 boxes of documents at home. The FBI confiscated 20 of them. Now Trump wants some of them back.
In February, the archive authorities received 15 boxes of documents from the former president. This month, the FBI recovered 20 new boxes of documents in a raid on Trump’s home.
On August 9, the FBI searched Donald Trump’s Florida property, Mar-a-Lago, by order of the US Attorney, Merrick Garland. This has never happened before for a former president of the country.
The suspicion of a violation of the Espionage Act was part of the legal basis for the search.
Trump has decried the search, and now says he wants more of them back:
In a statement on his own social media platform, Truth Social, Donald Trump wrote that some of the confiscated documents must be returned.
According to the Washington Post, the research background should, among other things, be one Suspected that Donald Trump kept secret documents About nuclear weapons in his house.
Document recovery request
Trump now believes that some of these documents are subject to attorneys’ duty to maintain confidentiality, as well as powers called “executive privilege.”
Any legal protections for presidential authority, which Trump previously relied on to prevent the documents from being handed over.
“They did it on purpose,” Trump wrote on his website, The Truth Social. Written by many American media, Including the Huffington Post.
“Now I ask that these documents be returned immediately. Thank you!” Trump writes.
Sources close to the investigation that Fox News It states that, speaking to him, they had to say that at least five boxes and a set of documents were covered in secrecy and “executive privilege.”
The squares in question are said to be marked with the letters and number combinations A-14, A-26, A-43, and A-13. A -33.
According to the FBI’s list, these five boxes of documents are among those that agents took from Trump’s Florida residence.
Fear of homeland security
For more than a year, US authorities have been trying to recover documents from Trump.
Former FBI agent Asha Rangaba The above guard has indicated That Trump House is a popular golf club, hosting a number of international guests. She says the documents should not have been stored there with extra security.
Many senior democratic politicians Now coming out strong against the former president More details of the research also became known.
Former President Trump’s behavior could jeopardize our national security, says Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.
Now, several high-ranking Democratic representatives have asked Biden’s director of intelligence to make an assessment of the damage he may have done to the country’s security.
“Even as the Department of Justice investigation continues, it is critical that we take every possible step to protect classified information and the damage that can occur when that information is compromised,” the Democrats’ letter to the Biden administration said.
This is what the FBI agents found with Donald Trump
- The FBI is said to have collected 20 boxes of classified information as classified and classified documents.
- It is said that folders with pictures and handwritten notes were found, as well as documents marked as top secret. Top Secret is the highest security rating in the United States.
- In addition, Reuters news agency reported that the documents should have contained information regarding French President Emmanuel Macron.
- Information about Donald Trump’s pardon of Roger Stone should also have been found in the search. Sixty former advisers to Trump and became Among other things, I was convicted of lying under oath.
The search warrant revealed that the president is under investigation for violating three possible laws.
This may also explain why they have to take the plunge and actually search for residence in Florida.
Trump is being investigated for violating these laws:
- 18 USC 2071: Concealment, removal, or destruction of public records.
- 18 USC 1519: Destruction, alteration, or falsification of public records relating to a federal investigation.
- 18 USC 793: Collection, Transmission, or Loss of Information Relating to the Defense of the Nation.
The latter is part of the larger espionage law.
If he is convicted of all these crimes, he can risk huge fines and Sentenced to 33 years in prison.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”